oscarramirezphoto

Cabo Pulmo UW Diving Operator

Hello everyone,

Does anybody recommend a good diving operator for UW photography in Cabo Pulmo?

Thank you.

Did you go?  Did you find an operator?  Would you recommend them?  Any contact info?

Thanks,

WanderingBob

Cabo Pulmo divers is a great option.

I had a great time diving with Daniel and David.

http://www.cabopulmodivers.com/?lang=es

Please note that since this year in Cabo Pulmo, you need to apply for a photo permit in advance. It is very easy and only takes a couple od days by e-mail.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, WanderingBob said:

Did you go?  Did you find an operator?  Would you recommend them?  Any contact info?

Thanks,

WanderingBob

Not yet. Heading next week. Will keep you posted upon return :)

On 10/17/2019 at 5:53 AM, Joss said:

Cabo Pulmo divers is a great option.

I had a great time diving with Daniel and David.

http://www.cabopulmodivers.com/?lang=es

Please note that since this year in Cabo Pulmo, you need to apply for a photo permit in advance. It is very easy and only takes a couple od days by e-mail.

Thanks for the heads up, Joss. I got it submitted already.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:53 AM, Joss said:

Please note that since this year in Cabo Pulmo, you need to apply for a photo permit in advance. It is very easy and only takes a couple of days by e-mail.

I'm taking a group down in December on the Nautilus Gallant Lady and haven't heard anything about a photo permit. I also just looked at a comprehensive lost of the the park rules and regulations (presumably currently since it's on their official website) and don't see anything about a permit. Can you elaborate &/or provide a link to this application? Thanks.

- Ken

As stated before, be careful. They are limiting Cabo Pulmo dives...the "owner" is doing it. We were there on a liveaboard in October and were "lucky" to get to dive it. Check ahead folks.

some rules in English:   http://pupcabopulmo.mx/?en  8 ft minimum distance to coral and no flash with sharks Here's the bit about permits via Google translate:

Photography Cabo Pulmo National Park offers wonderful views of both water and land. In case of wanting to take underwater photography WITHOUT PURPOSE, it is important that the Park Directorate be requested a letter of No objection through a letter addressed to the Director where the date on which the activity will be carried out is mentioned, the person in charge of the activity, the technical characteristics of the equipment (camera, flash, accessories), the objective of the activity and the name of the company with which you have contracted your tour. Said letter and copy of the identification of the person responsible should be sent via email to: lourdes.getino@conanp.gob.mx

To schedule your visit and the activities you wish to perform, contact the suppliers tormented at:

Edited by ChrisRoss

Sponsors

Advertisements