Sign in to follow this  
LeDouxDiving

Using 1 light???

Anybody have any good suggestions for using 1 light for a nauticam housing with gh5 and a wide angle lense (8-18mm)?
Yes buy another light

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you mean light i.e. video light or strobe. If you look at Richard Salas's stuff, much of it is shot with a single strobe. If for video, then buy another light seems like good advice.

Bill

I was thinking video light not a strobe. Just a little light to bring out the colors. Nothing to intense because I realize that with only one light the particulates will show up. I know the correct way is to have to lights angled in but trying to keep the rig more compact. Thanks for your input. 

One light is not a solution with a wide lens it may work at close range when the field of view of the lens is much smaller than the light apex beam
If you use a single light at wide angle with a light that has a small apex you will just generate a hotspot that will make the exposure hard and also compromise the white balance
The 8-18 has around 95 degree horizontal field of view so you would need a light with sufficient power at 120 degrees to try with a single one and even so the frame will not be evenly covered
When you zoom to 18mm you have a chance but there will be hard shadows on the other side of the frame

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements