Sign in to follow this  
zancudo

Tokina 10-17 with Kenko TC 1.4 PRO300 on Nikon D500

Hi guys!

having a technical issue with this combination on Nikon D500. When using the Kenko TC with a different lens on this camera it will work fin. When using the Tokina on the D500 it will work fine. But the combination won't work. it says F0 and neither aperture nor autofocus can be used. I thought this is a combination which is used frequently so I must be doing something wrong. I tried different options like turning the camera on and the mounting tc first and then the tokina. Mounting tc and then turn on camera and so on. Putting them together, mounting them and only then turn the camera on or mounting the combo with camera turned on... No way to make it work. Happy for any suggestions :P

Edited by zancudo

hi!

this sounds a bit like an issue that has been on the forums before, although I'm not sure. Tim G had some issues with the 8-15 nikon and a kenko TC.  Maybe its of use, there is the topic, its somewhere near the middle / end I believe.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robin-D said:

hi!

this sounds a bit like an issue that has been on the forums before, although I'm not sure. Tim G had some issues with the 8-15 nikon and a kenko TC.  Maybe its of use, there is the topic, its somewhere near the middle / end I believe.

thank you robin! maybe it is the version I have in fact. even though it seems to work for certain people.  I am still waiting for a reply from kenko as well. maybe they can tell me more, too.

Hey Laura

As Robin says, I've posted a few times on this issue.

Curious that you are having problems with the Tokina and the D500.. I found that the Kenko 1.4 TC Pro300 DG version worked fine with the Tokina 10-17 on a D500 but would not work with the Nikkor 8-15. 

Asking around, various wise owls told me that the DG version doesn't work with a number of lenses but the DGX does.

I bought the DGX and that seems fine with all the lenses I have tried: Tokina 10-17, Nikkor 8-15, 105, 300 and 200-500. 

I emailed Kenko too but never got a reply. Their website lists the lenses that the DGX works with - the 8-15 is not one of them.

You might try cleaning the contacts on the Kenko. But it could be that the DG version is just not happy with various newer Nikon camera bodies and can be temperamental. The DGX should solve the problem.

hi tim! yes I also emailed kendo and token. they seem to have fusion. neither bother to reply. I might buy a dox and try it ... thank and best regards Laura

:lol2: no worries!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements