Sign in to follow this  
chrisdarke

Ikelite TG-6 housing - UWL-H100 type 1 or 2?

Hi guys,

So I have ordered an Ikelite 6233.06 housing for a wee TG-6 I just got, for times I don't want to lug around my DSLR. I managed to find a cheapo INON UWL-H100 with LD adapter on the back and I need to get a 67mm screw fitting for it to fit it to the housing, but I see there are two types, type 1 and 2. Now on one site I see the UWL-H100 type 2 as a bundle option with the housing, and on another site I see the Type 1 as a bundle option! Which is the better option for this housing/camera combo?

Cheers!!

Chris 

Personally, I would call the manufacturer. However, this comes right off their site:

Product Specification (*1)

Model UWL-H100 28M67 Type1/Type2
Outer diameter / Length 90.4mm / 45.4mm (3.6in / 1.8in)
Weight (air / underwater) Type1: 555g / approx.345g (19.6oz / 12.2oz)
Type2: 556g / approx.346g (19.6oz / 12.2oz)
Lens construction 4 elements in 4 groups
Focal length (air / underwater) infinity / infinity (afocal system)
Magnification (*2) 0.60 (afocal)
Maximum incident view angle (air / underwater) (*3) 179.0°/100.8°
Body material / Finishing corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy / Rigid black almite
Glass / Coating Optical glass / Both side anti-reflection coating
Mount thread diameter / pitch M67-0.75
Depth rating 60m (197ft)

Appears all the specs are the same. Ikelite specifies a 67mm threaded interface for their port.

Here's the INOn webpage:  http://www.inon.jp/products/lens/uwlh10028m67/top.html

You can see the difference in the images type 1 protrudes more at the back to get it close to the port glass.  The UWL lenses need to be close to the port glass to not vignette and perform as designed.  It appears type 2 is recommended if there is some sort of step down ring adapter involved, but if screwed directly into an m67 thread like a regular flat port type 1 is what is recommended.  You will see the type 2 is recommended for the TG-6 in Olympus housing but it needs a step down ring and  the lens elements won't fit through that.  If you have straight m67 threads on your port then I think Type 1 is the recommended type.

If you look at the compatibility tab you will see in the note you need to zoom into 28mm (35mm equivalent ) focal length to not vignette.

If you buy a type 1 you can then buy the type 2 ring and vice versa
Typically ikelite housing have type 1
Just measure the thread distance from the glass type 2 is practically flat or 1mm in type 1 is deeper

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements