smudger1962

Fantasea F6500 V2 with Vacuum system Query

Hi

Is anyone using this housing with the Sony A6500. I've just been trying mine out with the vacuum system before a trip to Indonesia next week. very impressed so far. The only thing I was wondering is after the Vacuum test the led flashes green to indicate everything is OK. (Red if its not). This light seems very bright to me and I was wondering if it times out after a while or does it continue to flash throughout the dive. It may not be bad under water but I'm wondering if it will be distracting.

Cheers

Not knowing which vacuum system you are using, here's how I solved the problem. I have an Aquatica housing with a Leak Sentinel V4 vacuum system. I wrapped a rubber band around the LS housing with enough light exposed to permit me to see the light. It was only a problem on night dives. My version of LS is fine during the day and does not cause me any distraction.

BTY once UW I rely on the housing moisture sensor to alert me to any flooding. I don't believe that the LS is sensitive enough to be of any value once UW. I use it predive to verify that there is no air leakage into the housing and leave it setup for an hour plus predive when I can.

Hi. The vacuum system is fantasea’s own and comes with the housing. I guess I won’t know if it is distracting until I get in the water but thanks for the rubber band tip. I agree that the vacuum test is for pre dive and the housing also has a moisture detector (which I hope I never see work). I might be overthinking it, we shall see. Cheers

Sponsors

Advertisements