Interceptor121

What is the right focal length for video?

I just bought a 20-35mm Nikonos Seacam conversion lens. I am believer in water contact optics. This lens is for stills.

I am interested in the WACP for the P6K. What other choices are out there? 

Pawel does some interesting work. I am sure you know of him. He is also convinced of water contact optics.

In the days that lens retailed at $3960
So it was more expensive than WACP
I think today WACP is the new Nikonos though much more bulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day, IF Nikon ever get into the video race in a REAL way, I could use that Nikonos for video. But I would not waste my time with Nion video as it is today.

What other options are there for the P6K with water contact optics ? Seems the WACP is the only game in town so far. It would seem strange if the other manufacturers dont jump onto this boat and bring out there own versions.....or are they just going to let naughty cam run away with it ?

I have never used the P6K so far, I have never used a WACP at all with anything much less a P6K. So I am going by reports from those who are using the WACP. Sounds to be a wonderful optic.

I wonder which lenses can be used behind the WACP? I know of the official lenses ratified as good to go with it, but it would surely be interesting to try other lenses in it - one never knows when they will dig up a diamond. It's rare but every now and then a huge rare diamond is found. Which lens will that be (behind the WACP)?

John
I have been an early adopter of 4K and I can tell you that just now this starts to be enjoyable as almost all new TV sets have 4K
I also have been embracing HDR that by the way is much more exciting but again not much use underwater where we lack light
There is a fundamental visual acuity issue so whats the point of 6K if you cant actually see it? I have a 65” tv watching at the recommended SMPTE distance I can see the HDR benefits more than I see the extra pixels but I do feel more detail
There are no 6K TV and I have a 5K not 6k monitor so right now I would need to downscale
I would check carefully some test files at 4 and 6 K to see if it is really worth it
And then yes I can crop in post blah blah just commercial marketing hype worth nothing
Manufacturers need to come up with new toys they dont want you to hang on for 3 years to a device but as far as I am concerned I consider the whole ecosystem around a camera not just the camera and housing
One thing I like about the new BM is that it is super 35 and not full frame
Full frame has no place for underwater video and right now MFT is the best form factor for 4K so you dont need a WACP because you dont need a full frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements