chipi

Kenko TC PRO 300 DGX vs PRO HD DGX

Hello all

I have Kenko TC 1.4 PRO 300 DGX.

Recently I have seen that Kenko has rolled out a new replacement: HD PRO DGX.

I used to shoot PRO 300 DGX on Nikon D700 with Nikon 16mm fisheye and recently I have moved to Nikon D850 and Nikon 8-15 fisheye.

My understanding is that HD PRO DGX is rolled out to better support new generation of high resolution camera such as D8xx and therefore is a better suitable solution.

I know that PRO 300 DGX came after PRO 300 DG and fixed issues with not being able to work on newer cameras (D500, D850 I believe) in combination with Nikon 8-15 fisheye (there are other posts about incompatibility here on Wetpixel) BUT I am not sure if DGX also contributes to supporting better high resolution cameras from optics perspective or just fixes connectivity issues?

So, a word of advice is needed: should I stick with Kenko PRO 300 DGX or move onto HD PRO DGX?

Thanks,

Marko

Did you ever get an answer, or try this combination for yourself?

Hi Marko,

I am using the D500 with the 8-15 mm fisheye and the new HD PRO DGX in an Aquatica housing. It works perfectly, while the old version of the teleconverter didn't work at all (maybe it was broken). It transforms the 8-15 mm to a 11-21 mm, no vignetting at any zoom setting. Aquatica custom made a zoom ring for this combination for me with no extra costs. The sharpness is great, see here pictures, all taken with this combination: https://www.flickr.com/photos/reefcolors/albums/72157712490326637/with/49321592361/.

Best, Wolfram

SN19_03_204-b.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements