DevilEyeDog

ISO Nauticam/Ikelite Sony a5000 or a6300 housing

I have a Sony a5000 and have unfortunately gone through two Meikon housings.  Each time the zoom lever (the spring) broke.  The one only last 3 dives.  No refunds/exchanges offered by the company.  Super sad face.  The Nauticam Sony a5000 housing has been long discontinued.  Money is tight clearly.  If I had the money I would've bought the Nauticam or Ikelite housing a long time ago.   I have a friend who is willing to sell me a Sony a6300 for cheap, but there's no point if I can't find a reliable housing.  

For this reason I'm in search of a Nauticam or Ikelite housing for a Sony a5000 or Sony a6300.  

Anyone? 
Thanks in advance!

I use a fantasea housing. I've had it for two years and no dramas. 

I've heard good things about fantasea.  I didn't know they had housing for the Sony a models.  I'll take a look, but I gather the Fantasea a5000 is hard to get, but maybe the Sony a6300?  Thanks!

For what it's worth, I've been using an A6300 in SeaFrogs housings for over two years now without issues. First this one, which I have since sold, and since mid-2018, this one, which has been through close to a hundred dives already and hasn't given me any trouble. The quality on Meikon's new housings released in the past couple years (Salted Line series, A7 NG series) has improved significantly from their older offerings.

Thanks!  I have to agree with the improvement.  A dive friend purchased their a7 and it looks much better than the sony a5000 model I had where the levers literally snapped only 2 dives in on the one. I was quite impressed with his housing compared to the original sony a5000.  That said, I'm still gun shy.  :)

Sponsors

Advertisements