pooley

First attempt at supermacro - whip coral shrimp

Bought a Nauticam housing for a Nikon D500 off here and got a new Nauticam SMC-1 to go with it. This is a result from the first trip away with it - all crit welcomed and appreciated

Mike

edit - looks a lot better at full size

whip-coral-shrimp-blue-BG-1600.jpg

Edited by pooley

Nice pic, Pooley

I like the darkish blue - rather than the usual black - background. That. for me, works nicely wit the colouring of the shrimp.

Looks pretty good.  How much cropping?   I shoot these critters with a 105vr on a D850 and have to crop pretty much 100% to get a result you can see.

very nice picture, the blue background is nice

Edited by Sue
Did not say i liked background before

On 10/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, TimG said:

Nice pic, Pooley

I like the darkish blue - rather than the usual black - background. That. for me, works nicely wit the colouring of the shrimp.

Thanks Tim, never gone this low for a shutter speed before to get a blue BG, an eye opener to see what can be done with a static subject. Cheers for your help choosing the D500, I'm happy with its first outing

Mike

20 hours ago, phxazcraig said:

Looks pretty good.  How much cropping?   I shoot these critters with a 105vr on a D850 and have to crop pretty much 100% to get a result you can see.

Thanks pal, its on a D500, 105vr and the nauticam SMC-1, so I had the crop factor in my favour this time compared to the D850, but with the SMC its over 90% of the original frame

Mike

9 minutes ago, pooley said:

Thanks Tim, never gone this low for a shutter speed before to get a blue BG, an eye opener to see what can be done with a static subject. Cheers for your help choosing the D500, I'm happy with its first outing

Mike

Good to hear! May you get many top pics!

Sponsors

Advertisements