String

SUPE/Scubalamp wont turn on

Not sure if anyone can offer advice here or if ive had yet another breakage on one...

Ive got a Scubalamp V6K that simply wont turn on at all.

Battery is showing 3 x solid red LEDs which it normally does when charged.  However when trying to turn the lamp on nothing happens at all, no flashing of the button, no head flash, nothing.

Ive tried the holding the button in to get it out of hibernation mode but the same problem - nothing happens.

So any suggestions as to what to try next?

Not too happy with this light - i bought it in March, had about 2 months use before the head died and had to go back for 6 weeks for repair.  Ive had a little bit of use out of it, stored it for 2 months and now it seems dead again.

(I know the dealer i got it from has stopped stocking Supe as well they said due to reliability issues).

Hi. I have the v6k pros. The button can be sticky ill agree. I initially thought one of mine wasn't working also. I've found that pressing and holding the button hard, like really hard, for a few seconds brings it to life. If you've already tried this apologies but I found it did the trick for me.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Yup its not the button unfortunately.

I contacted them and they instantly said they'd sent me a new board and links to videos of how to change it myself (which leads me to believe maybe this isnt a rare problem!)

Does mean ive had to go and buy a soldering iron.

I like the light but not overly impressed by the fact i got 2 months use, it broke, lost it for 2 months for a repair and now its happened again...

• Like 1

OK the new board finally arrived, was duly changed but same issue- nothing happens.

Must be a failure battery unit side.

So far in the 9 months or so ive owned the light, its been broken for 5 of them.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements