Eransalah

Hi interested in buying Sony na-A7ii or Panasonic gh5 housing

Hi interested in buying Sony na-A7ii or Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

Word of advice from me, do not buy housing for a7ii camera, the battey will only last you 1 dive and you will have to open housing and replace the battery.  Upgrade to version III or IV, trust me it will be worth it

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Eransalah said:

Hi interested in buying

On 11/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Eransalah said:

Hi interested in buying Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

Panasonic gh5 Nauticam housing only in clean and good condition 

While versions III and IV do use a new battery that lasts longer, I think saying that A7II series cameras are only good for one dive is an exaggeration, unless you are using very old and weak batteries. I've been diving with A7II for 4 years now and haven't once got close to exhausting the battery during typical 2 tanks dives. Clearly the III and iV series are better cameras, but I wouldn't write off the II series just yet.

Good luck!

Edited by mt-m
  • Thanks 1

Moray, I have been shooting with a7ii, a7rii for several years and my dives are usually between 60-80 minutes each, if I don't do deep dives.  I take lots of photos while I dive so my experience is a7ii and a7rii will only last 1 dive, maybe 1 and a half.  Hence my feedback and although I acknowledge that each diver's experience might be different due to length of an average dive and number of shoots taken I would not call my feedback an exaggeration.  In all honesty I would not recommend a7ii or a7rii for scuba to anybody.  As for a7r iii, this camera underwater is pretty amazing and battery life a lot better, see my photos taken with a7r iii at https://www.alekmiko.com/underwater-photography

Regards

Sponsors

Advertisements