submatix

nauticam trigger compatibility ys d2

hello , did some one know if the nauticam  trigger ref 26306 ( for olympus omd )  is working with sea sea ys d2 , i read a lot of thing on 

the web and it seems that this strobe has a different sensitivity ...........  ?  so if some one could help me :)    thank you 

It works fine IF you have the right fiber optic cable. You need one of the multi-core versions

Bill

thank you , a multi core cable , but i didn't see this specification  in the different webshop , did you have a brand to advise me ?

The best transmission index have 613-core fiber optical cables:

Nauticam #26216, #26217, or HowShot 613L.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

The best transmission index have 613-core fiber optical cables:
Nauticam #26216, #26217, or HowShot 613L.

Pavel also sea and sea cable are 613 cores am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello , i just arrived in bali and make the first dive  so : yes it works  : i use 2 optic fiber  

one sea&sea and one divervision 613L: the 2 are working :)

4 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

Pavel also sea and sea cable are 613 cores am I right?

Sea&Sea fiber optical cables are multicore, but  I don't know what core is inside and what is the transmission index. We can only see that outer diameter is different from 613-core Nauticam, so probably this is another cable. 

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

yes your right i didn't find sea&sea specification , but it is working  :):), it's the most important :)

yes your right i didn't find sea&sea specification , but it is working  :):), it's the most important :)

Just found the specs it is 613 cores

Just now, Interceptor121 said:

Just found the specs it is 613 cores

Please give me a link to look

or you can make your own multi-core cables as well. Avoid the real cheap AliExpress version ($16). They claim 613 core but my microscope thinks otherwise.

Bill

or you can make your own multi-core cables as well. Avoid the real cheap AliExpress version ($16). They claim 613 core but my microscope thinks otherwise.
Bill

I make my own for remote triggers but for the camera I like something that is very strong on the plugs
I have had two sea and sea cables not sure about number of cores for over 15 years

If they are more than 5 years old they are single core fibers. As for ends, if you buy the Divervision ones, you can put any o-ring on them you want, the ones they come with are too tight for me.

Bill

19 minutes ago, bvanant said:

If they are more than 5 years old they are single core fibers. As for ends, if you buy the Divervision ones, you can put any o-ring on them you want, the ones they come with are too tight for me.

Bill

One is 13 years old the other is 7 years old. I also have a Nauticam bought last year.

All of the work inconsistently with Sea and Sea DS-TTL II however I do not use TTL anyway :-)

Mine worked fine. I did use Sea & Sea cables.

It is for sale if anyone wants it. I am upgrading to FF

Kevin

Sponsors

Advertisements