Hi,

a video from my 2nd winter stay at East Greenland. We dove in the fjord in front of Tasiilaq.
My plan for this video was to capture the elemental force in this region. I wanted to show time lapses of moving ice during the tides, under- and above water, and mix impressive icebergs with macro footage.  A big thank you to Sven from Northern Explorers who supported my ideas and let me do what I wanted!
The video is actually in the order as i experienced the trip. As i arrived we still had some left over packice. a few days later the winds brought icebergs in the fjord. After a week hundreds of iceberg right next each other were stranded in a bay. Unfortunately the last week the climate change said hello, and we had unusual warm weather for this time of the season and rain. We can´t went out on the snow mobiles anymore, because all the snow was melted away in only a few days.. And at the dive spots which were in walking distance, the viz droped to 5 meters due the melting water which were washed in the ocean. The video was shot in 7 to 8 days, on 13 dives.

Enjoy watching! Alex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fantastic video. I really like your cold water stuff. It's not something you see everyday.

Fantastic video. I really like your cold water stuff. It's not something you see everyday.
Thank you! You are right

globaldivemedia.com

Really lovely and cool when the ice moves underwater;)))

Graet!!!

Søren

• Like 1

Really lovely and cool when the ice moves underwater;)))

Graet!!!

Søren
Thank you! I wanted to do more underwater time lapse actually, but due the weather change it was not possible anymore

globaldivemedia.com

Hi Alex ,

Could you share a typical setting for one of these timelapse. How long does it last?

Did you use gh5 function?

Hi Alex ,
Could you share a typical setting for one of these timelapse. How long does it last?
Did you use gh5 function?
Hi Davide,
A typical setting should be with a long exposure of a few seconds (as i did on land) though i did the underwater time lapse with only 1/10. With longer exposure the time lapse become much smoother when objects are moving.
I used the internal GH5 time lapse mode. I switched off any settings which i did not need, like IBIS, to get more shots. I got more than 2 1/2 hours out of the battery.
The tide time lapse interval was 20sec the iceberg 8sec. The cam almost got ran over by an iceberg, it was only half a meter away.
I used a 4sec exposure for my latest Autumn At The White Sea video seastar time lapse. If you are interested you can watch two full length time lapse on my IG account @globaldivemedia

Alex

globaldivemedia.com

Haha. I thought it was coming pretty close!

Haha. I thought it was coming pretty close!
It was in the back of the cam and i had to dive through a door wide gap between two icebergs

globaldivemedia.com

Sponsors

Advertisements