hah, agreed, Joe!

I've been shooting on and off for the past 15 yrs or so. Just getting into UW photography after getting a housing for my dslr and after getting tired of mediocre results from a gopro. 

Hi guys, 

First I would like to congratulate all new members that took less time than me to figure out how to post in here. It took me half a day searching through this site to figure out how to post lol.

Anyway, my twin brother has been doing underwater photography for a few years now with a Nikon D800 and I've been extremely jealous of his pictures. I've been following him around on dives for the past 8 or so years with a gopro, then a Nikon J1, then a Panasonic LX10. I didn't want to spend the money on a big rig like my brothers D800. But now that Sony has been releasing these crazy full frame mirrorless cameras every other week causing the prices of the older cameras in their full frame series to drop, I'm taking the plunge. With the power of all my credit cards combined I'm now going all in and I am currently building my rig for the Sony A7rii. I'm really excited to learn from everyone on this forum and I love looking at everyone's pictures, even though they usually make me jealous.  

Morning from Dubai everyone!  I was just in Lembeh and spoke with a friend about selling my old camera set-up and he suggested that I look up this forum....  apparently I have been living under a rock - there is so much content here!  Will definitely get into more of it, but as for me I'm a semi-retired instructor, been diving since 1998 and love all things under the water (especially if they are tiny and adorable).   I am thinking that I will get "sucked down the internet rabbit hole" here with all of the chatter, but can't be a bad thing.  Now to process over 2000 pics from my trip!  Looking forward to participating. 

hello

my names Cory. Lucky enough to spend most my days in the water off the Kona coast on the big island of Hawaii. Most all the diving I do is Freediving and I spend most my time offshore.

Cheers!

Hi everyone !

I'm César, from France. I've been diving for the last 10 years and taking underwater photos for the last 6. I've been shooting for many years with my Canon S95 and I'm currently looking to build my rig for my little Fuji. Not that easy as there not that many Fuji underwater photographers.

I had the same problem trying to find a way to post something on the site.  Thanks to Adam Hanlon for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, back to ordering my new setup from Backscatter.

Hi, my name is Tobias living in London. I began diving 35 years ago. I have a Panasonic LX7 in Nauticam housing with Sea & Sea YS-D2 strobes.

Hi I'm Nick from Surrey in England. I am currently at Leicester University studying Medicine and spend almost all of my student loans on scuba diving. I started diving when I was 18 and have been obsessed since, I am a keen and very amateur underwater photographer! I intend to use this forum to pick up useful bits of advice on underwater photography and equipment use as well as using the excellent classifieds forum! 

Nick