Hi Folks,

I'm a professional wildlife photographer, making underwater images purely for pleasure. As there is no market in my area for underwater images, I find it very relaxing to make pictures for my own.

I've used a Nikon D700 nikon system, a Olympus PEN 7 and in the future I will buy a Panasonic GH5 for my video projects.

I'm always looking for small critters, and friends tell me I miss big tuna or schools of barracuda while I'm looking for a nicely coloured sponge or small anemone.

Rollin

Hey there,

I'm Brian from West Palm Beach. Long time lurker here...now looking to sell some gear.

Hi folks

I'm Tim Hall from Madison, Wisconsin. I've been diving for about 20 years but only recently have gotten involved with underwater photography, and that got me to Wetpixel. Now that I'm here, I have some reading to do to catch up.

Hi all,

I am a maritime archaeologist living in the Dutch Caribbean. I'm looking forward to reading all about underwater photography on this forum.

Hi I'm Hyp, looking for advice on strobes.

Hi all! Greetings from Amsterdam. Although I'll soon be moving to Pico on the Azores for half a year!

Hi everyone,

I'm from Atlanta. Been taking photos while snorkeling and diving since I was about 10. Just now getting serious with a housing and strobes. I used to use underwater cameras and gopros.

Aloha -- My name is Cam and I reside on the Hawaiian Islands. Avid freediver and still learning the art of underwater photography. Stoked to become apart of this community. Looking to further my knowledge and progress in my passion for underwater photography!

Still have a lot to learn but I have attached a link to website!

https://camgrantphotography.com/

Mahalo

Hi there, CCR diver from Europe, shooting underwater with Gopro + LFM lights.

Hi everybody, my name is Midu and I am a 30 year old diver from based in Los Angeles, CA. I am originally from Germany (half German, half Egyptian heritage). I am traveling internationally on a regular bases for my dive hobby and recently picked up underwater photography.

I use a Olympus OMD mirror-less camera with Olympus housing, looking to upgrade to Nauticam, and 2 Sea&Sea strobe lights.

I recently came back from Cabo San Lucas, Cozumel and the Bahamas where I used my camera to try out my new hobby.

Leaving for my Dive Master to Belize or Galapagos in the end of June.

Any questions?

Hi there,

I'm trying to attempt to shoot underwater in a pool, would wanna learn more and research about getting to it.

From Singapore!

Greetings,

I am a professional underwater photographer from the film age who has been dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age. I used to run dive operations and underwater photo centers in the Caribbean for many years but now am based in Southern CA.

I work as an expedition leader/guide on small expedition cruise ships around the world.

Hi I am Florent from France.

I am currently managing a diving resort in Indonesia (Pulau Lembeh) and I am trying to learn UW photography :)

Cheers,

Hi, I'm Pete from the not-so-sunny UK. I've got a lot of information from these forums in the past and figured I should finally join up so I can learn more. Just in the process of putting my first rig together for an upcoming trip to Thailand, so I have lots of questions!

hi: i'm bob from lovely california. have been working for some time on improving my UW photo's. lots of useful tips here. good to join the group. off to malpelo later this summer. super-stoked.....

Hi there,

I am a diver from germany shooting (until recently) with Canon G10 in Patima housing and Inon Z-240.

I am planning on upgrading and hope to get some info from this forum.

You can find my pictures on tammo-photography.de

cheers

Hello, quick intro.

Stephan, 41, Norway. Been doing uw-video for many years, from the Sony-DCR VX1000 in housing from Aquavideo and Amphibico , to Sony PD100 (Gates) , then GoPros and Canon G11 in Ikelite, GoPros again, Hugyfot, before I last year jumped on the M4/3 train with the GH4/Nauticam, now using GH5 and Nauticam, and learning uw-photo on the fly . Working in the LED-light industry on a professional level, and am using different video lights for different projects.

Look forward to learn from the forum, and all the skilled members out there, been lurking around for a while and picked up many tips, så finally i got my own user. . :)

All the best,

Stephan

Edited by stmadsen

Hi all

Larry from Albuquerque NM. I have been diving off and on for 50 years. Long time land based photographer enjoying underwater photography for the past 10 years. Currently using a Panasonic Lumix GH 4, Nauticam NA-GH4 housing with Sea & Sea YS-D2. Most recent dive experiences include: Galapagos, Philippines, Fiji, and Solomon Islands. I look forward to learning more about still and video photography as well as interesting dive sites.

Hi. John M here. Live for snorkeling and taking underwater photos of freshwater critters. I have learned a lot by lurking here, so glad to be a member.

Hello - I am Timon from Germany and new to these forums.

Camera: Sony A7R2 in a Nautical housing and with INON Z-240 strobes.

My name is Gary,

I just returned from Anilao, The Philippines and had a great stay at Crystal Blue Resort. Just upgraded to a EM1 and so far so good. I am retired.

New at this and trying to learn how to navigate wetpixel. My name is Gary. I have been shooting underwater for about 6 years.

Hi, I dive since more than 20 years and I started underwater photography 10 years ago with a compact. I am located in Switzerland.I also enjoy taking pictures in fresh water. I am following Wetpixel since few years already.