Hello! I'm Nacho, from Spain, and I'm quite new to UW photography. My setup is quite basic (Sony RX100 + Meikon case + Inon S2000 + Inon macro wet lens) and I'm mostly doing macro. Hope to learn a lot around here ;)

Hi, I'm Pat from Switzerland, just a freediving and photography enthusiast. Been reading the forums since a few months and signed up to ask questions. Thank you

Greetings, all. I'm Jason from San Francisco. I've long followed WP to see the classifieds and see trip discussions, finally establishing an ID to do a bit more.

Started 19 years back with the simple Aquashot lines (2, APS, 35mm), then a few compact digitals (S400, 570), then an Aquashot 20D and most recently a Nauticam GH4. Love the compactness, but miss the optical viewfinder.

Cheers

Hi from western Montana in the US. My name is Harry and I moved here from the East Coast about 6 years ago. Montana is amazing, although my diving these days is limited to trips to the Caribbean, especially the Caymans. My wife is also a diver, which makes life pretty damn good. Although I've been diving for years, I just discovered this site. Most of my photography is above water, but I do love to take pictures on my dives as well. I use a Nikon D7100 on my extended surface intervals, and a Canon G15 underwater. That's mostly a financial decision since housings are so expensive for a DSLR and the Canon does a pretty good job for much less cost. That's it for my introduction. Later.

I’m Nick from the SF Bay Area, been diving for several years using my GoPro and looking to take it to the next level and learn from you WetPixel’ers.

Hello,

My name is bart.

After a some under water videos the time was there to change over to photography again.

Living in the Netherlands and diving where possible.

And now surching for information to upgrade the new camera.

Sony RX 100 Mk V and Sony MPK- URX100A (may be the underwaterhousing was a wrong bet. But time will show)

Regards

Bart

Hi, I'm Anton and in 2015 I was very interested in underwater film-making. I spent a lot of time in Costa Rica and in the Caribbean filming underwater, but now I am concentrating on my studies. After I finish my studies, I hope to get back into underwater filmmaking.

Hi,

My name is Roland, I'm from Austria and I have been diving for 22 years now. Looking forward to learning from wetpixel.com.

Roland

Hi Matty Smith here. New to wetpixel, will start posting soon!

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

My name is Robyn and I've been teaching photography since 2002 on land and then finally able to afford housing for my Canon 5D in 2006 so I can combine all three of my passions of marine life, photography and scuba diving in one! : )

Hello all, Steve from NYC. I'm a long time lurker who finally took the leap and purchased a proper underwater camera setup! Really excited to start posting here and to continue learning from you guys!

As part of my day job, I have formal training in photography, and I've been a hobby landscape photographer for several years. For personal use, I shoot the Sony A7ii platform, and for work I use the Nikon d810. For my first underwater camera setup, I chose an RX100 m5 based largly upon the recommendations of many of the members of these forums.

Hi, my name is Tony and I am a new member to Wetpixel. I have been diving off and on for approximately twenty-five years and came back to the sport several years ago when I became interested in underwater photography. I have always been into travel photography and this seemed like a perfect marriage of two long-time interests. I started with a Canon G-12 compact camera and gear, which took excellent underwater images, and six months ago "graduated" to a DSLR set-up, which has been somewhat challenging to not only become proficient with, but to carry it onto an airplane! (Any suggestions for getting a 35 pound camera/lenses/housing bag into the cabin would be much appreciated.)

I hope to utilize the expertise of the site members as well as its other resources to produce some nice images.

Hi, I'm a Canadian/American photographer who just got into underwater photography this year. I shoot with a Sony a7 with a 90mm macro and a 28mm wide angle in my Ikelite housing.

Maryanne

photographymw.com

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm a scuba diver and freediver, and underwater photographer (D800, Ikelite).

Hi

My name is Allan and having been a diver for over 25 years. I'm looking to sell my photo equipment. I think I have gone as far as i can with it.

Hello all

I'm Mike from the North West of England. Been diving for many years with my son. Just finished a 7 day (out of 14 - gotta keep the wife happy) dive trip to Cyprus were I have been using my new Canon G7x Mk2, Fantasea housing and Fantasea UWL-09A ultra wide (weitwinkel) Angle lens. This is a massive step up for me and I'm very happy with the results so far. Hope to learn from you all and help improve my technique.

Here are some of my favourites from this dive trip

https://500px.com/photo/219558713/untitled-by-mike-owen?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=7537395

https://500px.com/photo/219560517/untitled-by-mike-owen?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=7537395

https://500px.com/photo/218511173/cyprus-diving-coral-bay-by-mike-owen?ctx_page=2&from=user&user_id=7537395

Hello Everybody, I hope you are fine and you have many pictures of fish in the eyes=)

I'm emilio, I have been doing photography for 25 years, I was technical advisor for some projects in studio with continuous light

I'm totally Passionate about optical formulas ahaha also angles, fields, depth of field, the impact of some optical formula on image rendering.
I'm a huge Fan of Zeiss, and I have many prime lenses.
I'm thinking to buy some stuffs to do underwater pics since one year...certainly with your help I will be able to do the good choice, thanks a lot in advance

Hi

I am Nayan from Bangladesh. I am very much interested about underwater photography, but I don't have enough knowledge on that particular topic. Whatever I have, I want to share and more importantly, I want to know about all others.

Edited by Nayan Chowdhury

Hi there,

I'm Corey. I'm a PADI dive instructor who has a passion for u/w photography. I currently have a compact setup (RX100 II) and I recently got a Nikon d500. Still need a housing and am toying with the idea of getting one second hand..?

So I'll be checking back regularly for gear chats!

Cheers,

Corey

Hi Divers,
I am diving since 20 years all around the world and took photos with a compact Canon G9 some years ago. Meanwhile I prefer taking video footage with a GoPro. Cheers!

Hello!

Mary here NorCal, brand new to underwater photography but thrilled about it. I've been excited about it for a while now, looking forward to learning from you all!

Edited by MaryBeaPhoto

Hi there :)

I'm from Sweden, but do most of my diving in tropical waters while travelling. Not a huge fan of the cold and dark theme we have going here at home :)

I've been doing photography on dry land since forever, and underwater since about 2010 or so.

Looking forward to being a part of the forums!