Bonjour,

At the moment, I'm making this account to ask a very specific question that I cannot find an answer to, but I hope to continue to use the forums to ask questions to improve my work and camera practices.

I guess I can say that I've only been diving for seven years (since I could only get certified six years ago), and that I've been pulled into the world of underwater photography by my dad (who is far better than me).

Thanks for reading,

Alex

Hi!

My name is Scott Smith. I do freelance and work for Body Glove as their in house videographer and photographer. I love to surf, dive, and do pretty much anything in the ocean. I'm also an LACo Lifeguard, PADI MSDT, and lover of animals and a good time.

Excited to be a part of the community.

Hi everyone,

I'm a marine scientist working on coral reefs, and just starting to get really into underwater photography - joined this forum after being recommended by a friend. Hoping to find some good deals on underwater camera/housing combos (SLRs, preferably with Nauticam or Aquatica housing) , so feel free to message me if you think what you're selling might interest me!

Cheers,

Nick

Hi,

I'm Katja from Germany and want to share informations about video :-)

Hi I'm Tami Weissert from LaGrange, Georgia. Just purchased a new camera set up and looking forward to learning how to improve my underwater photography skills through this site.

Hi. I'm an experienced landscape photographer who recently learned to dive. Looking to learn about UW technique and pick up some gear

Steven

Hello. I am from Toronto, Canada. I have some experience in UW macro videography through attending an UW Macro Videography Workshop in Lembeh, Indonesia, but I would like to do more wide angle videography.

I was trying to find some unbiased information about video lighting and had very difficult time until I came across this forum. I hope to get a lot of useful information and share my experience through this site.

Greetings, Scott Sutton, Southern California. Visited the site for the last couple of years, now officially onboard.

Hi,

I'm new to UW photography. I have a broad experience in diving up to Trimix Rebreather level and a lot of experience with normal photography. Now the challenge is to combine both and get good results (I already noticed how steep the challenge is :-) )

Regards,

Daniel

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon from Canada and just logged as new member. I'm an underwater photographer for about 4 years now.

Best

Simon

Hi

I'm James Laver from Swindon, UK. I've been diving for 40 years - rebreathers for the last 17 - still alive and loving it. I began shooting UW 35mm stills in Oman with a Uwe Kiehl housing and ringflash. More recently I've moved towards video now that the technology provides the ease of use and quality. Having LED TVs makes it worthwhile too!! I dive an AP Inspiration Evo rebreather and am qualified to BSAC AI (1719) and TDI Mod II trimix on the RB. One of my photos is on the cover of BSAC's Manual for the Inspiration rebreather. My most memorable dives have been the Dahab blue hole with 7 other RBs on trimix as well as Thomas Canyon. My most recent diving was in Gozo in March/April 2017. I film using a GH5 in a Nauticam housing with the Olympus 7-12mm Zuiko. I do a lot of solo shore diving and use a Bonex Reference RS to pull me around safely.

In case anyones in any doubt - diving a rebreather is a great advantage when filming underwater. I've had Dolphins sonar beam me knowing that something was different. I'm forever getting closer to sea life than is possible with open circuit. Its why Howard Hall dives a BioMarine MK15.5 (one of the classics).

Upfront thanks to all the esteemed forum members who have contributed to it and who are the foundation of an ever burgeoning community that I hope will help to preserve our Oceans.

Cheers to all,

James

Edited by ImpartialPressure

Hi, I'm Michael from Seattle, WA. I'm a PADI Instructor and I'm getting more into UW photography of late. I have a Sony RX100.

Hi, I am José, from Granada (Spain). Just heard from this group and decided to join.

Started diving 6 years ago and currently I hold rescue diver certification.

My usual destinations are Spain (mainland and islands) and Colombia (where I travel for work reasons).

I currently shoot an Olympus omd-em1 with an aquatica housing. Lenses Zuiko 60 mm, zuiko 12-40 pro and Panasonic 7-14. 2 Inon z240 flashes and a +15 lens.

Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with the newcomers.

Cheers and see you around

José

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Edited by jose-lito

Steve from South Louisiana. Have been shooting pictures underwater for a few yeas now and lurking on wetpixel as time allows.

Hey everyone,

Ben from Tampa, FL here. I am a long time diver, started with SCUBA but now mostly freedive. Got into what I would consider "serious" photography about a year ago. I dive the gulf and springs in north florida quite a bit, but now that I'm looking to shoot images I'd like to get over the East Coast, Keys, and travel a lot more often. Looking forward to meeting some U/W shooters and learning a thing or two.

Cheers

Hi! New user post. Isaac from Ventura CA. Just getting started with underwater photography. Currently shooting with Sony A7IIR 16-35mm and Ikelite housing.

Hello.

I teach Photography, wet and digital, at Valdosta State University. Diving in N. Florida Springs and learning Cave Diving and Underwater Photography. Currently own Canon t2i with ikelite housing. Looking to purchase an Ikelite housing for Nikon D800.

Hell, I'm Charles from Tokyo. I've started diving within the last year and have done a little over 30 dives now. Done some video with my GoPro, but looking for some advice to up my game a little bit. Some lights for the GoPro and maybe a compact camera some point in the future. Looking to get some advice on products.

Hello from South Florida, Surfside to be specific. I am new to wetpixel but I have enjoyed UW Photography for the past ten years.

Hi, I'm from England, currently studying engineering at university, but have been taking photos underwater for about 8 years. I'm sure I have an account here, but can't for the life of me remember my username or email.. so here's a new one! I use a nikon D7100, and prefer my Tokina 10-17 lens. Sometimes do a bit of macro, but where i usually dive in the red sea, isnt the best for macro subjects.