Sign in to follow this  
Freiherr

Member Introductions

Hello! I'm Kirsty from the UK. Long-time lurker, apparently I've never posted before but now I have questions! Nikon user, just upgraded from a D7200 to D500. Looking forward to benefiting from all that Wetpixel knowledge.

Hello everyone my name is Don. New member. Old diver. My wife and I have been diving mostly throughout the Caribbean with a couple of trips to Hawaii and Fiji. Our hope is to dive throughout Indonesia and the Philippines in the future. We have enjoyed seven LOB's so far and the majority of future trips will probably be LOB. I got hooked on UW photography with a Nikonos V using both the 35mm and 15mm lens. I have tried a number of cameras over time but went back to a DSLR a number of years ago. Currently shooting mostly macro with a 105mm lens on a Nikon D90 in an Aquatica housing with Sea and Sea strobes. Since it is an older system a bit of gear lust is setting in with all the new cameras in the past few years. Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences and hope to contribute where I can.

Hey all,

I was a compact camera shooter with a G12 and YS02 strobe until the camera died, so now I've grabbed a Sony a6500 and Fantasea housing and a YS01 to pair. So now I'm looking forward to getting used to the rig.
I'm also a marine biologist working in conservation and consultancy.

Hi

I am a retired, but still research-active biologist, using a full frame Canon DSLR in a Hugyfot housing with twin Inon strobes.

Greetings Everyone!

I'm Brian from Orlando, FL. I've been actively diving for almost 10 years (mostly in south FL). I joined this site today to use it as another resource to keep up on everything diving.

I was also recommended to join this site, as I need to sell my Nauticam NA-LX100 housing and all of its Nauticam components, ports, lenses, Panasonic DMC LX100 camera, tripod legs, Keldan 4X (6,000 Lumnes) video lights and everything else (extra batteries, memory cards, clamps, buoyancy arms, you name it I probably have it) for sale shortly. Everything is in excellent condition.

I'm the original owner and bought everything brand new. It's been a great scuba buddy for taking 4K video, but I am in a tough position where I need money to pay for unexpected medical bills. Unfortunately I am going to need to downgrade to my GoPro 5 for taking underwater 4K video.

Once I figure out how to post the entire system, photos and prices I will do it. Hopefully today.

Hi. Im Wally from Colorado. Ive been diving for about 15 years. Ive been shooting on dry land for many years and am just starting to shoot underwater.

Hi, I'm Andy from Los Angeles. Ii have been shooting UW with a Nikon D300 with Subal housing / Inon stobes but I am looking to change over to my D810. Researching housing and strobe options now to use for upcoming dives in the Cayman Islands.

Hi I am Kostas and I am focusing on photographing sea turtles in Zakynthos island, Greece. I am cuurently looking to update my set up (Canon 6D, Ikelite housing, Sigma 15mm) with strobes.

Diving, Diving, Diving!!! Hi all. I am Andy and I have been diving for 10 years with over 500 dives. We just got back from the Corn Islands in Nicaragua. It wasnt too bad at all. I look forward to being a productive member on wetpixel!

Hello,

I'm from Toulouse France.

As a hobby I'm trainer in marine biology for divers.

I'm crazy about shrimps & nudibranch.

~60 dives per year between Asia (Lembeh, Anilao, Raja Ampat), Maldives (Amis des maldives), Bonaire, Mediteranee (Banyuls, Llanca, Medes, Marseille, Malta) , Egypte.

I started photography 5 years ago with S100 in recsea housing & no flash.

After 1 year: 1 flash (YS-01)

After 2 years: 2 flashs (2xYS-01) + G7x in recsea.

After 3 years: CMC1 macro wet lens

I'm thinking about switching to mirrorless like futur GX9.

Perhaps Nauticam housing + 60mm macro + 8mm?

I already read plenty of topics on this forum so thanks a lot!

Hey guys

I am Lee from the UK. I have been diving taking photographs for a while now looking to upgrade and learn more.

Look forward to talking with you guys.

Hi there! I've been diving & doing uw photography for 3 years - love to share tips/ideas.

Norwegian diver trying to figure out how to take pictures under water checking in.

Hi, I'm PT Hirschfield from Pink Tank Scuba (FB, Instagram, YouTube and www.pinktankscuba.com)

I take marine life portraits, marine animal behaviour videos and write a monthly column for Dive Log Australasia.

I dive most days of the week and a dive can be anything from 2-4 hours long - generally my camera battery runs out before my air does.

I have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Diving.

Hi ! Brian here, from North Texas. I've been diving since 2002, had many point and shoot cameras over the years, now shooting OMD EM-5. Recently retired, hoping to improve my UW photo skills on as many dive trips as I can afford ! Cheers !

Hello everyone!

My name is Dania, I am portuguese, and I did my Dive Master in Australia as a underwater photographer. In total i worked there for 10 months and I was using a Canon 70D. now I will start to work as a freelancer, and I was wandering about which camera to buy. I have a Canon 100D, and my plan was to get a housing for it (since it's very light, and I do travel a lot). do you think that that would be enough, or would you recommend me to upgrade to something else? I welcome all your suggestions (even though probably I cannot afford a full frame, and it would be too heavy anyways!) :D

Thank you so much!

Dania

Hi all!

My name is Stefan, and i am from Denmark.

I am a beginner at photography and videography.

I am looking for the right equipment to replace my existing. And i dont understand why all brands focus on 4K video when 2.7K look very good on a 4K TV.

The price is the frame rate 30fps is too slow, with 2.7K it should be possible with rodays equipment to record with 60fps

Well i will look for answers other places in this forum

Dive safe.

Stefan

Hi there,

Adam Porter from the UK here. I've been using Canon Powershots and G series cameras underwater for a few years now but looking to take my Canon 5D MKIII underwater and came here looking for gear advice!

Look forward to chatting to you all.

Adam

Good evening everyone

I'm Sebastien from France.

Diver and uderwater photographer since 2007 (I started diving in Australia)

I usually dive local in the Mediterranean sea and sometines in Brittany.

Occasionaly I do warm waters (Red Sea, Bali...)

I've been diving with a rebreather since 2011.

Looking forward to dive/talk to you

Sebby