vlada

Aquatica Housing + Leak Sentinel

Question for those of you with Aquatica housings and Leak Sentinels - in which bulkhead did you put the Sentinel? My D500 housing has a spare bukhead as well as the bulkhead in which surveyor pump seats - ideally i want to remove that pump and add Sentinel - had anyone done that and know what adapter i need?

And did you get the V4/V5 or just the pump valve itself and rely on in-housing electronics? V4/5 add a nice ability to prep the housing the night before and not having to open it again to activate. And temperature compensation sounds nice as i never has a green light underwater yet - always switches to yellow during the dive, then back to green on a surface...

Having done a trip with my D500 housing with Aquatica house pump and valve i came to conclusion that I do not like an idea of needing a pump to de-vacuum the housing and the fact that if that pump breaks on a remote trip, i am screwed as there are not too many Aquatica housings around, so looking for the better valve and pump part and seems that Sentiel has a lead there.

Thanks!

Vlada 

I have the V4 on the the right hand bulkhead, I never used the surveyor vacuum system though its good to know its there as a backup if the Sentinel dies for some reason!

I totally love being able to set the vacuum earlier on, leave it testing for 30 minutes, then switch it off and just turn it on before kitting up. If you need photos let me know (have the same housing)

Would love to see photos, thanks!

On 11/13/2019 at 8:37 PM, chrisdarke said:

here you go

19029744_10155315624191894_254290527208540482_n.jpg

18839074_10155315231311894_4789982397852791606_n.jpg

22788768_10155753392816894_8672209901562501252_n.jpg

hi. nice configuration!! 

Is it easy to install the Leak Sentinel or have to send the house to service?

and that tripod  . what model is it? does it survive in salt water?

I've put a Leak Sentinel on to various Subal housings. Really easy assuming the thread on the Sentinel is the same size as the housing. It's a 2-minute job. Barely that.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, TimG said:

I've put a Leak Sentinel on to various Subal housings. Really easy assuming the thread on the Sentinel is the same size as the housing. It's a 2-minute job. Barely that.

Thanks Tim!!

;)

Vlad

I take my Sentinel off and reinstall on my Aquatica housing regularly for cleaning, travel etc. It is dead simple and really a non-event

• Like 1

Hi Vlada

i do own a Aquatica housing (A7Dmkii) and decided to go with the valve and use the surveyor moisture alarm (from Aquatica) as the electronics. 
the decision was based on the shape of the Aquatica valve (I do not like the L shape, as it seams to me that it is going to “grabe” any cable or strap or hose) and with the benefit of the lower cost.

The housing had included the moisture alarme that has integrated also a pressure alarm and getting the valve alone from the leak sentinel was less value and the valve alone from leak sentinel is quite slick.

You need to ask the valve or the full system for Aquatica and it should be ok. 

You can take out tha Aquatica valve and use the hole to put the Leak Sentinel. Or use the spare bulkhead. 

i decided to take out one of the strobe bulkhead (the electrical one) and place there the valve (although I have a spare bulkhead also). 

the valve is the one on the left on the attached photo.

As other people said, it is easy to replace. 

BR

Pedro Alves

D2B8CA7F-3D3C-4A9C-BF64-0DF82FB6D5BC.jpeg

Sponsors

Advertisements