DavidS

A7R3 in low light

Currently shooting a Canon G16 in a nauticam housing but considering changing to a Sony A7R3.  I dive in the PNW quite a bit and am concerned about low light focus capability.  I read the Sony has around 425 AF points which suggests it would be pretty good but some of the forum posts here suggest otherwise.  What are people's experiences with the Sony focus capability in low light?

• Like 1

The Sony's are AWSOME! I've been using the A9, A9II, A7IV and RX100 VII with Ikelite housings. The AF just doesn't miss. Fantastic in lowlight too.I switched from the Canon G7II and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sony's are AWSOME! I've been using the A9, A9II, A7IV and RX100 VII with Ikelite housings. The AF just doesn't miss. Fantastic in lowlight too.I switched from the Canon G7II and couldn't be happier.
Good to know, thanks. I'm also considering the A7riii. Can I ask David if you have tried it UW for video and if so how did it fare? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have used the Sony's for video. Quality is excellent and AF works great. 

• Like 1

Yes, I have used the Sony's for video. Quality is excellent and AF works great. 
Thanks for your response David that is very good to hear. Fantastic.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.  That information helps me decide what I'd like to do.  I also coincidentally ran into a person on a dive boat in Hawaii with this exact camera and I asked him a ton if questions about it.  He mentioned the 45 viewfinder, among other things, which I had not even considered.  I have some more research on accessories but I think I'm sold on the camera.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements