Eransalah

Need help Gh5 with flash fl70

asking for help when I connected external flash for trigger fl70 on camera hot shoe the shutter speed allowed the maximum 1/250 if I tern the flash (of switch ) on the flash knob then I can choose a higher speed I tried to change all kinds of settings but without success 

Question is not very clear. Are you wanting the flash to work with a higher shutter speed than 1/250?

Most camera's limit TTL Sync to max 1/250.

Yes higher than 1/250 I use manual flash not TTL it’s the same problem cannot use higher speed 1/250

21 minutes ago, bill1946 said:

Question is not very clear. Are you wanting the flash to work with a higher shutter speed than 1/250?

Most camera's limit TTL Sync to max 1/250.

The Flash Sync speed has nothing to do with TTL. If you go faster than the sync speed you would have a black bar in the picture. Some manufacturers are slightly conservative with the sync speed and in some circumstances you can manage to fool the system and go higher, but usually this only gives 1/3 stop (so 1/320s in your case). 

If you use flash and you don't use a compact 1/250s is what you will have to live with with most cameras. I think the old Panasonic GX8 allows for 1/320s.

Sponsors

Advertisements