D.K.S.

Inon strobe-optical cable compatibility

Just made an attempt to read an Inon technical tutorial on their S-TTL(I own 4 z240's of varying generations) (www.inon.jp/technicalguide/sttl-auto.html). The tutorial was almost as confusing as the manual that comes with the strobes. One area that left me confused was strobe-optical cable compatibility.Their explanation of wireless type L-connector v/s non-wireless type connector along with their strobe compatibility chart would lead me to believe that the new z330 strobes along with the z240 type 4 strobes were only compatible with the wireless cable connectors. For the past several years I have been using the non-wirless connectors(older cables) with both type 4 and type 2 z240 strobes-I thought successfully. Since I am considering buying a pair of z330"s I am wondering if I can continue using the non-wireless cables with the z330"s (they worked with the z240 type 4"s) or will I have to change my connectors to the wireless configuration? Anybody out there using the z33o's with the non-wireless(old)typeL-connector? Anybody knowledgeable on this subject have any comments/recommendations?

I have Z-240s and I was sold the wireless style connector it is shorter  than the non wireless, I have since changed over to using the non wireless style as I found the shorter wireless style only engaged by a couple of threads on my Z-240s and that lead to the first couple of threads becoming damaged -  they are a rigid type of plastic and the threads have just sort of flaked off.  I find the bigger non wireless connector mush easier to thread on.

You can just buy the L type connector ends separately and install them yourself if you wanted to change - I would not change yours as both styles work equally well.   I find the longer non wireless style easier to thread on - they don't lock the cable tight so the cable is free to rotate and they engage on many more threads and are less prone to damaging the threads.

Hi DKS

to my knowledge, the non-wireless cable should work with all the Z-240 types (and also the Z-330). The wireless cable termination will not fit on the older Z-240 types. 
The thread is the same in both cables (I believe). The difference is on the part Of the sensor that is not threaded, that the non wireless ones are thicker than the wireless ones and the cap of cable of wireless type does not have “space” enough to accommodate the non.wireless sensor (bulkier)

Sponsors

Advertisements