phxazcraig

Custom-fitted wetsuits

On 2/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, onokai said:

If that xcell fits you well except for the back gaps-just have a custom suit shop make it fit you with a few alterations. Thats an easy job.

No, it doesn't fit me well.  The back gap is because the torso is too short.  Only way to remedy that is to splice in two more inches.   Tailoring might work when the suit is too big.  Hard to see how it works when suit is too small.

4 hours ago, phxazcraig said:

No, it doesn't fit me well.  The back gap is because the torso is too short.  Only way to remedy that is to splice in two more inches.   Tailoring might work when the suit is too big.  Hard to see how it works when suit is too small.

Sounds like you need a suit that  is called a extra long-or a custom as you mentioned

There must be custom  wet suit shop in all of Phoenix -thats a big place.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, phxazcraig said:

After a week of diving in 85F water, I'm freezing in my 4/3 wetsuit with full hood. 

Wow! You must be really cold-natured. I spent a week in Feb in Utila 17 dives in 5 days. Water was 81-82 on every dive. I only ever wore a long-sleeve rash guard and board shorts. I started to feel a little cool at the end of the last day.

If you're that cold-natured, I would suggest to consider a drysuit.

Seaskin makes really nice 3mm compressed neoprene drysuits and really nice trilams.

All their suits are made to measure. I have one of each and had my g/f take my measurements using the form that they have. Both my suits came out fitting perfectly.

And, the best part is how inexpensive they are. The base model compressed neoprene suit starts at something like USD$425! The trilam starts at USD$525. All, plus shipping (which runs $60 - 80, I think - but it's pretty fast shipping).

http://www.seaskin.co.uk/

If you're that cold-natured, I would think you would get a LOT of use out of a good drysuit.

Perhaps I could do with a drysuit, but I really don't want to go that route.   I'm generally OK, I think, but for a couple of factors physically.  Mostly I think water pumping past my lower back is at the root of my issues, but I'm also thin so have little padding, and I've lived in Phoenix for 40 years.   You go through summers here (110F for weeks at a time, 99F at midnght...) you don't handle cold weather (or humidity) well.  

Sponsors

Advertisements