WK's Gone Diving

For output to 1080 - edit in 4k or 1080

I shoot 4k 30p for all my underwater video. I use Photoshop Premiere without a problem. I output in 1080p because most people do not have 4k tv's or players. Check  your settings before getting started. You should see that option. Some say that once you load your first clip the software automatically recognizes it. 

18 minutes ago, bill1946 said:

I shoot 4k 30p for all my underwater video. I use Photoshop Premiere without a problem. I output in 1080p because most people do not have 4k tv's or players. Check  your settings before getting started. You should see that option. Some say that once you load your first clip the software automatically recognizes it. 

I know how to set the project resolution as well as the output resolution. I was wondering if there was any advantage to editing in 4k instead of 1080.

In final cut pro you set your project preference to the distribution format of choice in this case 1080 the application will use original or optimised media at the source resolution to create render files at 1080

You can also run a 4K project and then scale down to 1080p at the end

Generally I create a master in 4K and let the platform scale down (youtube etc) I only create smaller files for facebook in the rare occasion I put something there in 1080 p but I work in 4K all the way through

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

In final cut pro you set your project preference to the distribution format of choice in this case 1080 the application will use original or optimised media at the source resolution to create render files at 1080

You can also run a 4K project and then scale down to 1080p at the end

Generally I create a master in 4K and let the platform scale down (youtube etc) I only create smaller files for facebook in the rare occasion I put something there in 1080 p but I work in 4K all the way through

Thanks. Most helpful.

Sponsors

Advertisements