EvilOtter

Scuba Diving in Roatán, Honduras - January 2020 (4K)

Here is the video from our last trip to Roatán in January 2020. We had an amazing time diving with Barefoot Divers, Roatán and Jackson's Dive Centre.

This video is a bit of a departure from my usual fare. Through our time in Roatán, we have become acutely aware of the precarious state of coral reefs as a direct result of climate change and other human-related stressors. As such, I feel compelled to share what we have learned and the dim future that may lie ahead.

I would like to make special mention of the Roatán Marine Park and Bay Islands Reef Restoration for the excellent work that they continue to do to support these fragile ecosystems. Please share with your friends and do your part to save our coral reefs.

Edited by EvilOtter

This was my first project using Davinci Resolve and the editing and colour correction tools are so much more powerful than Premiere Elements. I still have lots to learn but I feel that this was a big step forward for me both technically and artistically. I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 1

Yes a good editor seems to make a big difference keep it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very nice, thanks for sharing.  I will be in Roatan again in a couple of weeks, and can't wait.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:07 AM, SwiftFF5 said:

Very nice, thanks for sharing.  I will be in Roatan again in a couple of weeks, and can't wait.

If you can, try to go to the Reef House resoort for lunch in Oak Ridge.  It's a very personable place.   If there around 1:30 when the dive boat is in for lunch, talk with divemaster David and get local suggestions.  Nobody knows that section of Roatan like him.

You might also talk to the resident dive instructor Robert about taking a trip over to Cayos Cochinos for some different diving.

If you have never been to the Mangrove swamps in Roatan (above water), I highly recommend it.   Also drop into Hole in the Wall, past the Czech Village.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements