rgilkes

Equivalent of Premiere's Channel Mixer in Final Cut Pro X

Hi everyone,

Long time Premiere Pro user here. I'm giving FCPX a try because performance of Premiere Pro on my Mac has never been good and I'm hearing FCPX is far better.

When I'm grading my footage, I like to the "Channel Mixer" tool in Premiere to make adjustments to the individual color channels. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent tool in FCPX?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, rgilkes said:

Hi everyone,

Long time Premiere Pro user here. I'm giving FCPX a try because performance of Premiere Pro on my Mac has never been good and I'm hearing FCPX is far better.

When I'm grading my footage, I like to the "Channel Mixer" tool in Premiere to make adjustments to the individual color channels. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent tool in FCPX?

Thanks!

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/final-cut-pro/verf87ca7b62/mac

The idea of using a channel mixer to manipulate colours usually produces fake colours. I have seen a number of tutorials on this where the operator wanted to rebalance the RGB channels to make it look they were all the same. That is not a good idea you are in water blue will be in most cases the dominant colour and this is fine.

Better to use Hue curves to correct cast or to adjust skew in the colour or saturation then altering the whole thing

3 minutes ago, Interceptor121 said:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/final-cut-pro/verf87ca7b62/mac

The idea of using a channel mixer to manipulate colours usually produces fake colours. I have seen a number of tutorials on this where the operator wanted to rebalance the RGB channels to make it look they were all the same. That is not a good idea you are in water blue will be in most cases the dominant colour and this is fine.

Better to use Hue curves to correct cast or to adjust skew in the colour or saturation then altering the whole thing

Thanks. I don't use the channel mixer for primary correction, I use curves for this, but the channel mixer is a great secondary tool for fine adjustment pushing or pulling from a channel.

Just now, rgilkes said:

Thanks. I don't use the channel mixer for primary correction, I use curves for this, but the channel mixer is a great secondary tool for fine adjustment pushing or pulling from a channel.

There will be for sure a plug in but the standard tools are board, wheels, curve and hue you can get it all done with that

Sponsors

Advertisements