turandot

DIY Looking multi-core fiber optic cable by meters

I'm looking to buy by meters (2-3 meters) a multi-core fiber optic cable. Any online stores that ship by meters in Europe?

I'm looking this model:

Model MCQ-1000
613-core Fused Multi-core Simplex Cable, Polyethylene Jacket 613-core 1.0 mm Fused Multi-core Simplex Cable, 2.2 mm OD Polyethylene Jacket

Specs here: https://i-fiberoptics.com/fiber-detail-asahi.php?id=3355&sum=166

https://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/ake-mate/pof/en/product/sensor.html

Won't Industrial ship to Europe? 

Bill

14 hours ago, bvanant said:

Bill

Do you know any stores that sell online multicore fiber optic cable by meters?

17 hours ago, bvanant said:

Bill

I've asked them, and the answer was No! They would not change their shipping method, which means that minimum shipping cost to EU is $150.

They referred to their EU distributors, but they don't resell these fiber optics product ranges.

The issue is that most of the fiber that you find are either for lighting installation (worst), or fiber optic networks. Not at all the same range of fiber optic cables.

Edited by Algwyn

If anyone wants some cable, let me know. I can buy a bunch and ship USPS to Europe for about $29 U.S. Better would be someone in Europe get a bunch of orders together and buy 100 or more meters and parse it out there.

Bill

I have read through several of these threads and ordered some multi-fiber cable. But, despite the stated OD it seems a bit bigger and bigger in OD than Inon cable. My problem, if it is a problem, the channels in the Howshot connectors will not accept the larger diameter cable. Is there a cable of similar diameter to the Inon cable that is recommended?

Thanks,

J

I am using the Asahi-Kasei 613 core fibers that have an OD (with the jacket) of 2.2 mm. They fit fine in the Howshot fiber connectors that I am using. I lubricate the fiber before I put it through the solid part of the adapter but otherwise no issues.
Bill

Sponsors

Advertisements