germie

Blue filter for fluo diving on inon z330

What filter do you use on the inon z-330? I see prices up to 200 euro. I hope to find an easy and cheaper way, maybe easy diy, but I need the right filter then.

So does anyone has tried some things? Or what filter do you use? diy or bought ready to use?

Dichroic filters are expensive; we use NightSea's version for Inon. You can get some bandpass filters that might work but you still have to mount them. There is no very simple plastic filter that will work well, filters for the UV need to be glass or quartz to work reliably

Bill

The night sea excitation filter for the z330 should be available soon. They’re very nice and snap into the bayonet mount like the diffusers do. I don’t think you’ll find anything else for the z330 that manages to block all of the unfiltered light given the dome port and 3D printing on your own would be challenging. 

You could print a holder, but the pricey bit is the filter which if you could 3D print would be truly amazing

I use nightsea excitation filters with my Inon Z240's. When i ordered the Z330 via internet my aim was to use it as third strobe for fluo dives. Unfortunately i was totally unaware that they have spherical glass. When i asked Backscatter.com about availability of nightsea filter for Inon Z330 in december i was answered that these filters shall be available in 2020. I believe logically their price should be more or less in the same level as filters for Z240. 

Edited by Mehmet Gungen

Sponsors

Advertisements