HCIdiver

Nauticam mini flash trigger problems

I recently changed from a turtle trigger to the Nauticam mini flash trigger. I bought a new mini trigger, the sticker says Sony A7R3 compatible, but I have a Sony A7R2.  The manual also says it will have a green light, and only flash red when its battery is low.  I have tried 6 different 2450 batteries and always the same result - it starts green, but on 3rd blink it stays red.

When i try and use it with my Nauticam housing, i can ONLY every get one cable to work on the left port.  However, if i test both cables with the camera and trigger OUTSIDE the housing it all works fine, both cables and both LEDs on the trigger.

I guess there is something very slightly different with the A7R2 housing to reduce the light from the trigger enough to stop it firing except the left side and the one cable.  I had no problems until i tried this new trigger BTW. 

Any ideas please?  I did read somewhere that it was recommended to install a "Prism" in the camera to boost the trigger signal.  IS this a thing?

Maybe you could try having one of those dual cables that go from one port? It might cost too much light though...

Thanks. I really just need to know if the fact that the mini trigger is blinking red there is something wrong.  The manual says it should be green.

If red is ok... then I guess I can look at new cables .... how do I tell if I have multi core cables already? 

Putting the batteries in the LED trigger is not the way that is obvious.  You need to make sure that the little tab that looks like it should be between the batteries is in fact on top of both. Have seen this issue come up multiple times.

Bill

• Thanks 1

If u ever come to ireland the pints are on me. You nailed it. Issue resolved.

Edited by HCIdiver

Sponsors

Advertisements