Sign in to follow this  
Aigar Sisask

Issues with SUBAL

Dear members.

Does any other dealer had issues with SUBAL lately? I mean like last 6 moths or so.
I sold one Subal housing for SONY Alpha MKIII camera and there has been so many issues.
Housing was delivered around 18.09.2019.

First there was problem with the top mount ball joint. Screw, what should connect the housing top mount ball joint and the housing, was installed wrong way. And inside the thread was some sort of clue, so that the screw was just holding with 1 ore 1,5 thread and the clue. And it just fell off from the housing. Luckily it happened when assembling everything on kitchen table. So if customer would go diving then for sure it would just snap off and could damage port or brake the cable or worse. So we sent housing back for repair. Unfortunately customer one dive trip was ruined by that. Subal "fixed" the ball joint hole cleaning the te clue out. Not sure exactly how, by the looks they drilled that out and installed some thread spring. Not sure the correct name in English. But it looks like it works.
Then we noticed that the monitor housing screen was to small, or monitor inside to big, however some important data was hidden. Shutter speed, aperture and ISO. All import for making pictures.
Subal agreed to take monitor and monitor housing back. I returned the customer money. But I have not received money back from SUBAl so far.

Then, when customer had first dive trip, it turns out that one back wheel does not work. And it stopped working after 10m. It looks like two buttons are pressing at the same time. So the neew back wheel looks like never tested properly. So SUBAL promised to send simple 5 button set to change it. But they never arrive. The email with problem description with buttons were sent 05.12.2019. And so far its still not fixed.

Mr.Harald keeps saying they will sent it, and that it is sent, but no packages has arrived. Also no tracking nr. And it appears that Mr.Harald only answer for email when He has some excuse. Like that He is in business trip and not in office, or in some exhibition. And Mr.Harald asks to send email to some other email, someone who should be in office and will answer. But also this email does not answer.
So I assumed they might have some money issue and ordered credit report from Bisnode Europa. And things does not look good. I have returned the customer money as any honest dealer would do, but so far SUBAl never sent it back. They said, about 1-2 weeks ago, that they have installed the monitor itself deeper and all the info is now seen trough the monitor housing. But as expected customer does not have any trust left. Also, I have some concern that it might have problem underwater if light is behind, since the monitor itself is installed deeper, then there might be to much space and maybe it might be difficult to see underwater.

I will update the original post with links to pictures for all the problems. Maybe someone has ideas or experience how to fix this buttons problem. Also will add this credit report.

Today is already 16.02.2020. So after two months when the button issue was informed and no solution. And customer has new dive trip coming very soon and considering there is no answers and solution the new trip can be ruined as well.

External monitor.jpg220120760_Externalmonitor2.thumb.jpg.a1edcdb4d76216827fa88e1055c24b61.jpg

Camera monitor.jpg

Ball joint 1.jpg

Housingtop mount.jpg

Oring.jpg

Edited by Aigar Sisask

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements