Sign in to follow this  
Nickuk

Nikon D850 vs A7iii

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with the A7iii underwater? I have always shot Nikon and recently upgraded to a D850 with Nauticam housing, which is fantastic.

The issue is that I have recently moved more in the direction of filmmaking, and have invested in a Sony A7iii, which in my opinion is way better for film (though probably not quite as good for stills). The longer I use the Sony the more more I like it, so am considering selling all my Nikon gear and making the switch permanently. Anyone have experience of the two systems?  Which system do you prefer for underwater work, and why?

Thanks a lot.

For video I'd definitely look for something other than the D850, if you want autofocus.   Why not look at a Z7?

2 minutes ago, phxazcraig said:

For video I'd definitely look for something other than the D850, if you want autofocus.   Why not look at a Z7?

Thanks. Also considering the z7, but feel like Sony is probably ahead of the curve. Also the Sony lenses can be used on bigger film bodies, while Nikon glass is not generally used, mostly because the focus ring is the opposite direction from all other lenses which gets confusing when manually focusing! 

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements