davec13o2

Best Sony Picture Profile?

Does anyone use the Sony Picture Profiles?  I'm interested mostly in ambient lighting video at reduced depth with an a7RIII

Would Cine 2 or 4 be better than S-Log considering that scene lighting can rapidly change making post production difficult?  Or should I just go with PP1?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Dave

Edited by davec13o2

I see no replies here. I'll try to resurrect this thread witha new question.

I'm doing some deep work with two cameras: my GH5 and my buddy with a A6300. Both of us with Keldan CRI95 lights.

First results were a nightmare to CC in post. I have my GH5 set to Natural 0 -3 -3 0 0 while the A6300 i set to PP Off.

Images on A6300 are really saturated and punchy with nearly no room for CC.

Any suggestion of a Sony Picture profile more natural?  I don't want to use SLog and spending hours with CC

Am I missing some settings? Sony menu system is a nightmare

Thank you in advance

Edited by Davide DB

I see no replies here. I'll try to resurrect this thread witha new question.
I'm doing some deep work with two cameras: my GH5 and my buddy with a A6300. Both of us with Keldan CRI95 lights.
First results were a nightmare to CC in post. I have my GH5 set to Natural 0 -3 -3 0 0 while the A6300 i set to PP Off.
Images on A6300 are really saturated and punchy with nearly no room for CC.
Any suggestion of a Sony Picture profile more natural?  I don't want to use SLog and spending hours with CC
Am I missing some settings? Sony menu system is a nightmare

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately Sony A6xxx series are am utter mess and A7 are not far off it
See if it has a cine2 profile you can try to match it with cined or perhaps v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 12:36 AM, davec13o2 said:

Does anyone use the Sony Picture Profiles?  I'm interested mostly in ambient lighting video at reduced depth with an a7RIII

Would Cine 2 or 4 be better than S-Log considering that scene lighting can rapidly change making post production difficult?  Or should I just go with PP1?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Dave

Hello, davec13o2

I've used A7S2 and R2 underwater for 4-5 years, now I am using PP7 or 9, s-gamut 3 cine, slog 2 or 3. 

I tried many PP including cine, but it was not enough for me as I like ambient-natural light very much, and I did not want to lose highlights.

I am generally happy with results, but also have some issues, like color-banding after color correction, some noise from higher ISO and log. But I belive you can overcome these unless you play it in a huge screen or using for commercials.

99% slog-2, s-gamut3 

I've used HLG3 and it's terrible! 

Will see if Cine2 is available, if not I guess I'll have to keep working with my gopro and good light :( boooo 

Sponsors

Advertisements