Interceptor121

The impact of DSLR APSC Phase Out on Underwater Photography

Hi,
actual i have a D750 and a D500, which is my favorite cam.
Last trip i used a Sony A6300 underwater first time.
D500 and Sony A6300 are more or less the same sensor, and age...
But the difference in low light autofocus is a lot...
The Sony is better in video, no question. But fast moving subjects, the D500 wins...
Dont know if you know Mark Smith, he takes great bird pics, and used Nikon D500 and D850, and then changed to Sony A9 and now the new A7 IV, but allways gets back to compare.
Its not so easy, specially if the use is a very small part of the cake, like under water pics...

I like the idea of a leight weighted cam, but the Z6 / 7 are the first evils from Nikon,
the Z50 is nice, but i think i will wait for the second edition before i think about changing....
And i have a lot of "old" lenses, some need a screw driven focus, so changing will need a good reason.

Regards,
Wolfgang

I think a lot of people that shoot a D500 want an optical viewfinder
Better or worse than EVF those users will not want to go mirrorless and may go full frame DSLR instead of cropped mirrorless
Eventually DSLR will die and EVF will be a necessity but I believe die hard DSLR users will try to delay switching to the last possible opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Interceptor121 said:

With Nikon no longer producing APSC DLSR

You may be mistaken on that point. 

While the D500 has indeed been rumored as not being replaced, this is not the case of the whole APSC DSLR.

The D7500 may still be replaced, hopefully in the D780 fashion.

16 hours ago, Algwyn said:

You may be mistaken on that point. 

While the D500 has indeed been rumored as not being replaced, this is not the case of the whole APSC DSLR.

The D7500 may still be replaced, hopefully in the D780 fashion.

Lets see the D7600 lone APSC DSLR survivor was first scheduled for Q1 2019 so it is running one year late possibly a low priority or abandoned project considering Nikon has now the Z50 in the same market segment

Let's see...

It'll probably depend on the success of the D780 ... and we may get a D7800 instead of a D7600!

18 minutes ago, Algwyn said:

Let's see...

It'll probably depend on the success of the D780 ... and we may get a D7800 instead of a D7600!

But D780 is full frame 24MP if that's path RIP APSC

Sponsors

Advertisements