Each spring, Ras Mohammed on the southernmost tip of Egypt's Sinai desert attracts huge school of fish. Located on the confluence of the Gulfs of Suez and Aquaba, it is a place where pretty much anything can happen...
Here a photographer shoots a school of Bohar snapper (Lutjanus bohar).
Nikon D810, Nikon 16-35mm f/4.5, SEACAM Superdome, SEACAM Seaflash 150 strobes. 1/125@f/10 , ISO640. Processed with Seim Silver 3 in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

160616-ahanlon-2.jpg

Diving with the rookery of grey seals (Halichoerus grypus) at the UK's Farne Islands is amazing! The seals are incredible interactive and chose to engage and interact with us clumsy humans...

Nikon D500, Nikon 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5, SEACAM CP Port, INON globalZ240 strobes. 1/125@f/8, ISO1250

171027-ahanlon-504139.jpg

A Pedersen cleaner shrimp dances on the Something Special dive site, Bonaire. A site where I could happily spend all day with a snoot and a 105mm lens - and my partner claims I do.

Tanks from Dive Friends who are handily placed all over the island including a number of the favourite dive sites

Nikon D500, Nikkor 105mm lens, Inon Z240 strobe with Retra LSD snoot

ISO100 1/125,  f16

TG49409.jpg

Some specialities from Sydney Australia, I usually head out with Abyss Scuba Diving they run boat and shore dives based around Botany Bay and off shore reefs accessible from there.

GiantCuttlefish21.thumb.jpg.0661e84f726a7433e41c0d0cdb0a7df5.jpg

Giant Cuttlefish at a reef offshore from Sydney's Eastern Suburbs

WeedySeaDragon8.thumb.jpg.ff0796564db681b34b2c88b3946a497c.jpg

Weedy Sea Dragon on a site just inside the north head of Sydney Harbour.  Found all around the southern coastline of Australia, Sydney is a great spot to find weedies.

PortJackson18.jpg

Port Jackson sharks appear on Sydney dive sites in the winter when they come close inshore to breed.  This one is at Oak Park at Cronulla south of Sydney, it's a shore dive on an ocean beach that is sheltered by a headland to the south.

EasternBlueGroper4.jpg

Eastern Blue Groper, actually a type of wrasse, these are 1m long blue puppy dogs who will follow you on a dive making close passes - some divers feed them sea urchins and they are hoping for a handout.  This is on a shore dive from Bare Island a popular dive site just inside the heads of Botany Bay.

Edited by ChrisRoss

Sponsors

Advertisements