If one float arm is not enough, you can use 2, with 3 triple clamps as on the attached schem.

if you not have triple clamp but you have an extra regular clamp, you can place the float arm in between the central ball and the focus light

A8814177-3BDB-405A-AE2E-E1FB28789E78.jpeg

I haven't got enough hands to manipulate a triple clamp underwater....much less three of them!

30 minutes ago, tursiops said:

I haven't got enough hands to manipulate a triple clamp underwater....much less three of them!

LOL, cunning plan though, Pedro!

5 hours ago, tursiops said:

Hi Tursiops 

I accept the critic. The thrush is I never used;/tested a triple clamp underwater. 

But considering the physics, this configuration should be easy to manouver underwater (or in land).  

When you open the triple clamp on one handle, only the strobe arm will move (the float one is secured by the other side), the behavior should be more or less like the regular clamp with the strobe arm (slightly less because the clamp won’t be able to move freely)

And the focus light does not need a lot of movement. 

I am not able to test it, as I only have 1 triple clamp (and never used as said before). 

some days ago I read here an interesting post about someone that is using a “triangle” arm structure as suggested on the scheme for using the strobe with a snoot (instead the focus light)

the drawback I see is that the rig gets too bulky, and with a tall structure over the housing, that might bring some difficulties on small spaces.

we can not have it all....

Sponsors

Advertisements