Sign in to follow this  
red3

diopter for 12-24mm nikon lens

I just got a digital system. I have a D70 in an Ike housing with two DS125's. I've just acquired a Nikon 12-24mm lens and have conflicting info as to whether or not I need a diopter to use with this lens. If anybody can give me a definitive answer I'd appreciate it.

I use the 5503.50 port and no diopter....you can check out my webpage for some examples...wakatobi Gallery

Karl

Ikelite's official answer is on their ports for Nikon DSLR housing page...

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2port_nikon.html

For the 12-24 mm DX-ED wide-angle lens, they call for using the #5503.50 dome port together with the #5509.12 special internal port sleeve with rubber pads to operate the zoom. The "?*" notation means that Ikelite believes a diopter is NOT required with this lens and dome configuration. YMMV.

Frogfish

You definatley do not need a diopter with this lens, in the sense that when you take it underwater you will be able to focus on objects both close and to inifinity.

Unlike the 18-70 which does not have the minimum focus distance necessary to function at all without a diopter. You will not be able to lock focus at all without a diopter on the 18-70.

Some have hinted that the 12-24 may benefit from using a diopter, but to my knowledge noone has proven that yet, and I'm very satisfied with my diopter'less pictures. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements