About 18 months ago I wrote a short review for WP on the editing keyboard, the Loupedeck+. I rated it highly in the way that it could make a significant difference to both speeding up workflow and making editing easier and more fun. An all-round winner. 

When Loupedeck launched their new model, the Loupedeck CT, some months back I admired their new (more expensive) iteration and thought, naah, I'm happy with the Loupedeck+. 

But, hey we all know how it goes.... images start to flash in your mind... possibilities..... shiny new toys..... just been paid.... sitting around social distancing... working from home.... editing loads of pictures. And, yes, you got it: I weakened and "invested" in the Loupedeck CT.

Honestly, it is a thing of beauty. Extremely well-made, totally programmable from beginning to end: it'll handle your workflow any way you like, labelling, selecting, editing, toning, output. Set it up for editing for umpteen video software applications; photo editing the same. I've got mine set for Lightroom although changing it to something else is just a dropdown box selection. And I've also customised the myriad controls for the way I operate. This is one delightful shiny toy with a very real sense of purpose.

I've found Loupedeck an excellent company to shop with. From the website to ordering, to shipping to packaging to product - it's all very high quality and quite similar to the Apple style - although Loupedeck use basic black rather than white. I was struggling to work out how to do one bit of customisation and emailed the Customer Help address. I had a full response within 48 hours which provided very clear instructions and a GIF. In a follow-up, Loupedeck acknowledged that there could be a steep learning curve with customisation and they planned a series of How To videos to help. The online manuals are not that clear.

The CT - see photo - is neat and compact and much smaller than the Loupedeck+. At the moment it plugs into my iMac with a supplied right-angle (neat touch) USB cable. However Bluetooth is built into the CT and a software update is to follow which should remove the need for the cable. 

About 3-4 weeks into living with the CT I am delighted with it. I keep tweaking how I use it and just find it gets better and better. It's not cheap but, hey, what is in photography; and compared to some of the prices charged for u/w gear, the CT is "a bargain".

More details are here:

https://loupedeck.com/en

(PS: I was able to sell my Loupedeck+ through WP to a fellow member who I am sure will be delighted with it. It's still a tremendous addition to an editing system and one I would not hesitate to recommend.)

IMG_1476.jpg

I was close to purchase a Loupedeck CT, since  I find the LR sliders difficult to adjust precisely with the mouse, dials would be better for sure...

Now a new Loupedeck console appeared: https://www.dpreview.com/news/9443152647/loupedeck-live-is-a-smaller-more-affordable-livestream-oriented-loupedeck-console

I was close to purchasing Loupedeck CT, the new one is about half the price of CT (but it seems to be the upper part of the CT console only), now I am not shure which one to get...

Wolfgang

Does Lightroom not have the option to use the up/down arrows to ajdust 1 notch at a time.  In PS curves you have a box called In and Out below the curve  - if you click in there and type a number you can move it up and down one number at a time, then tab across to the Out box and adjust the out value  Heaps easier than using a moue and moving sliders.

I love the idea of the loupe deck but I mostly use C1 and not LR so seems to be a no go. There is a way to use it but a annoying delay that makes it unusable IMO

It's good material to use, but i find the "evolution" and updates to fast!

I bought the first model of Loupedeck when it comes out, and after not so long of use, Lightroom upgrade the soft, and then Loupedeck offer a new version. Then I was sadly surprise that they didn't upgrade the previous Loupedeck model for the new LR versions ...

Don't know if it's the same for the Loupedeck+ and the new version of LR since the Loupedeck CT is on sale. But it's not very nice for the customers to stop the support of the previous versions, This Apple Iphone strategy is a shame.

Posted (edited)

I have literally just found it on a DE deals site and immediately thought of Wetpixel :D

Basically seems one of German shops (Galaxus DE) runs  a 51% off promo now for Loupedeck CT version - 284.22 Euro instead of 585.17 Euro. Sure the price without promo is a bit inflated but other shops seem to have it around 479 so still a deal.

They might ship EU wide, they also have a Swiss version of their shop. If you need help reshipping from Germany do let me know (provided you are an established forum member..)

Original deal link:

https://www.mydealz.de/deals/loupedeck-ct-zum-bestpreis-1838928

Shop direct link:

https://www.galaxus.de/de/s1/product/loupedeck-ct-diverse-digitalkamera-zubehoer-12248516

Edited by makar0n
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, great deal! 

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements