james

Member Introduction Topic

Just now, KneeDeep said:

Hello all. Signed up some time ago, but haven't been here in a while. To be honest, trying to get my 3 posts so I can reply to a classified add :) Lost my camera and need to find some thing 'new' to me lol

Should of posted that I've been diving for about 8yrs now...

10 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Should of posted that I've been diving for about 8yrs now...

... used to have a camera but no more and looking to get back into it :)

Hopefully you're looking at my ad for the Subal C40 and Canon 40D! :) Good luck finding a new camera! 

--Eric

hi all

It's nice to join this big underwater photography family, I have some questions that would like to seek your valuable suggestions, thanks!

Aldous

Hi 

I am from Norway and i have been UW since 2013. I began with an Canon pocket camera without strobe. Now i own an Canon 7D and an ikelite housing and 2 ikelite DS 160 strobes. Have yust bougt me an used Hugyfot housing that i haveny tried yet. Hope to get som help inside here about the Hugyfot housing .

Best 

Robert

Hello all,

I've been shooting (cold water) for a few years, recently upgrading from my workhorse Nikon D700 to a Nikon D850.  Must say that I can see a difference in my images right off the bat.  My husband followed suit, trading his Nikon D3X for a D850 and he also thinks his images are of higher quality.  We both continue to use Subal housings and we're very pleased with our new ND850's.  Our focus is marine life identification.  www.divermerry.com

Hello from Central California!

I've been a certified diver for 23 years since I was 14. I learned photography using my dad's Hasselblad 500c and SWC. When I was in the Navy, I bought my first u/w camera, a Sea & Sea MMII. I then upgraded to digital with the Sony Cybershot. I didn't dive for a long time. Now I'm back and am getting my Sony RX-100 setup with a Isotta housing and dual S&S strobes. 

The goal is to shoot the Hasselblad u/w. David Odess is currently servicing the 500c and SWC. I have the blue Hugyfot Hasselblad housing with the the Zeiss corrector lens set for the SWC, which will be serviced by Devon next year. Then I'll be getting dual strobes for it and the new Hasselblad CFV ii 50c digital back. Currently, I'm on a steep learning curve as I want to be able to use my cameras to their full capability. 

I look forward to soaking up the wisdom from the seasoned veterans on here. Cheers!

Paul

Hello from Oahu, 

I am a PhD student and coral ecologist studying coral disease, the coral microbiome, and disease forecasting. After almost a decade of saving up and shooting on land I recently bought and Ikelite housing for my Canon EOS R and am getting out into the water with it every chance I get. Looking forward to meeting more folks online and especially some people in my area. 

Best, 

Austin 

Hello! I am Ivan,

got a Sony rx100 VII and I hope I get good tips over here on how to set up my stuff. More I read more I am lost :)

Hello,

I am a Turkish underwater photographer. I am diver for 22 years and I have been taking underwater pictures for 7 years. I am using Nikon D800 and Sea & Sea housing. Strobes are also Sea & Sea. 

Before Covid-19 I was travelling abroad but this year I only took pictures in Turkey.

Cheers

Filiz

Hi All,

I'm a relatively new diver who is just getting into UW photography. I'm in Alberta Canada, and looking to get some lights for my TG5 and olympus housing. 

Hello, my name is Ricardo Gomes, I am a marine biologist and I have been filming the bottom of the sea in Rio de Janeiro for over 20 years. Now we have a project to protect the endangered rays from our coast. We have an NGO, Instituto Mar Urbano (www.institutomarurbano.com.br & @institutomarurbano). I need to find a waterhousing for a GH4 or Gh5. Thank you!

Hi

My name is Andrew Marriott, living in Western Australia, diver for 3 years only, photographer for 50 years. Enjoying semi-retirement from being an academic for 40 years. Currently in WA, the water is cold - 16 degrees celsius but probably into the water in a months time.

I have been lurking on these forums for a few months - thanks for all the useful information.

Buenos días llevo tiempo registrado pero nunca parado ha ver este foro soy un fotosub de España llevó a ser alrededor de 5 años en el mundo y cada día estoy estoy enganchado a la, encantado de aquí por y aprender con todo lo que se publica en este foro y poner mi granito de arena uní que el mediterráneo.

Hi to all the comunity, I'm Max. I'm a diver since 32 years and professional technical diving instructor since 21 years. Y shot UW pictures since 1987 with Nikonos III, IV, V. I use Aquatica housings since 2004, I started with D100, D200, D300, D700 and now I'm looking for an Aquatica for D810

Hi, I'm Matt and I own a diving center in Martinica (French West Indies).

I'm used to work with a Canon S95 + Recsea housing + S&S YS-01.

Nice to meet you !

www.marinplongee.com

header-462041.JPG?1599735319

Hi, I'm Jason. I've been diving for over 10 years now, but have only shot casual video with various GoPro cameras. I'm finally looking to get a real camera setup that I can travel with and use locally here in Southern California. I am hoping to learn from and become part of the community here. 

Hello!

My name's Christophe, I'm a long time diver and photography enthusiast but only combined both this summer by getting an Olympus TG5...

Mostly dive close to home, on the Costa Brava (north of Barcelona in Spain)

This forum has been (is) a great source of advice!!! Thank you all

Hello,

My name is Mauro, Iiving in Italy; I'm a diver sice 12 years. 

I'm amateur photographer and I use canon g7x II with sea&sea for strobe.

Hello everybody 

My name is Yazid,  I am currently located in Muscat, Oman. 

I dive regularly every weekend and shoot UW photos using Olympus TG6.

Currently closing in on a decision to upgrade my UW rig system and have narrowed my choices to FF using Nikon D850 (Hugyfot/Nauticam housing) and Olympus OM D E1 Miii in Nauticam  housing. 

Look forward to be an active member of this vibrant community. 

Hi

I'm Phil, living in Zurich, Switzerland. I have been diving for almost 13 years, since 5 years doing instructions. Last year, I took the rebreather-course and am absolutely excited!

I've been taking pictures since 2011 using Olympus MFT, but will shortly do a step-up to a mirrorless fullframe. I am running a small website for showcasing: uwpix.ch

Hope to find and give some good and useful tips + tricks for successfully shooting great images!

59d29d2cbfbb4.png

Heya Everyone,

I'm a SoCal diver currently taking my IDC course and looking to improve my underwater videography skills. I currently shoot on a TG5 with a Kraken 5000s+ light.

Best fishes,

Megan