james

Member Introduction Topic

1 hour ago, adamhanlon said:

Hi there, I am new to the forum as wel and I do need to sell my equipment in order to get the new housing I need. Good Luck

Hi everybody,I'm glad I joined the Wetpixel community when I did.

I'm here, mostly, to learn and read the wealth of info here. Just wanted to say 'hi'

hello everyone

I've been a member here for almost fifteen years

I signed up when I first learned to dive and wanted to take some photographs

Decided purchasing an underwater housing for my 5D mkii was not suitable at the time

In the past years I've used a go pro or a Sony action camera (excellent quality) have been generally happy but then I shifted my diving into super macro and decided I needed a macro-capable camera

Yesterday I chanced upon an Olympus TG-6 kit (Olympus housing, Sola 2500, tray, m52 air lens and m52 ultra wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) lens)

So I am finally excited to record my findings - previously I could only describe or show my children photographs from the internet

Edited by CorruptedPhotographer

I've been diving for about 12 years.  I've taken UW pics via GoPro but want to move into a more professional grade of images and video.  My knowledge of cameras, settings, gear, etc. is limited but slowly getting better thanks to youtube as well as sites like Wetpixel.com.  Looking forward to all the knowledge I can gain from the experts here.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, adamhanlon said:

Your profile is working fine for me now, including posting in the classifieds? 

MUST TRY AGAIN!

Hi, Arthur here (28). I´m filming wildlife underwater and looking for some new gear. I got into diving a couple of years ago to be able to film underwater, did my Scuba/CCR/Freediving certificates. Looking forward to be part of this great community.

All the best,

Arthur

Hi all,

I'm based between the UK and Tenerife. I've been diving since I was 12 years old and have now jumped into UW photography, combining it with the marine conservation projects I am completing. I currently shoot with an Olympus TG 6 and am looking to purchase the housing required for my Nikon D500.

I'm looking forward to engaging a lot more with the community and discussing photography techniques

Hello everyone... I've been diving for around 15 years now... a professional photographer, educator and consultant. I have and have been using SeaCam and Canon cameras. Every June for the past 15 years, I'm honored to teach the post process part of the Digital Masters Class in Key Largo with Stephen Frink. Everyone I know loves WetPixel... thank you, Eddie

Buongiorno a tutti .

Mi chiamo carlo, ho 48 anni e sono un Istruttore F.I.P.S.A.S., presso un Club Italiano, Associzione Subacquei Senesi, www.subsiena.it. Svolgo principalmente immersioni Tecniche in miscela, ma amo moltissimo fare anche semplici immersioni e fare qualche scatto subacqueo.

Possiedo una Canon G12 con scafandro RECSEA, e due Flash Inon, un Kit semplice e compatto che possomportare con me anche molto profondo senza impicciarmi troppo con tutte le decompressive.

Mi piacerebbe imparare qualcosa di piu sulla fotografia sub che svolgo da semplice amatore.

Glad to be here!  Charlie from near Louisville KY. Started diving and got certified in 1983. Really got into U/W  photography quickly. Have NEVER been diving inside the US - always Caribbean or western Pacific.   Favorite destination was Wakatobi!  Not cheap but unbelievable.

Started with Nikonos IV but now have Nikon D3s with Subal housing, Sea & Sea strobes.  Love to do macro especially. Will work on downloading some images. I've been slow to learn Photoshop and Lightroom, but I'm getting better.

Hopefully travel will be safer/better this year. 

Hi,

I am not exactly new, but I haven’t posted since I joined. Just forgot. I have been diving since 1966 while a student at the University of Miami. While there have been some lapses in my diving, for the past twenty years it have been constant. My gi4l friend got certified at age 60 and is the best dive buddy. 
Our favorite place is Belize and the best reef is Glovers.A somewhat difficult place to get to, but pristine. 
My photo setup is a Nikon D850 with a Nauticam housing. Lenses are a Nikkor 
 16-35, Sigma fisheye, and a Nikkor 105. 

Last dive before the plague was Bimini for hammerheads  

Hi Wetpixel, my name is Zac Macaulay and I have been following you for years and don't know why I haven't joined before now.

I hope you will allow me to join. Thank you. Zac.

Underwater DOP Zac Macaulay with Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone! As the username implies my name is Joe and I'm from New Jersey, USA. Been dabbling in UW photography for a little while but got a little distracted with deep CCR diving these past few years. This year I'm making photos my top priority -- excited to be a part of the wetpixel community!

Hello,

Finally joined after surfing here a lot over the past 8 months or so.  I have been diving for about 35 years but didn’t do much photography until past year.  I basically split my time between Texas and Cozumel these days.      I bought a camera back in 2011 after fooling around with a rental in a live aboard , but only used it a few times. I have been spending a lot more time in Cozumel lately so I purchased an RX100 VII with Nauticam housing , CMC 1 & 2 , WWL-C and Sea and Sea YS-D3 strobes.   Actually finding a fair amount of macro subjects in Cozumel if current isn’t blowing and going 

I don’t have any experience with land photography so I am kind of learning from scratch.  Thanks for all the helpful information in these forums. 

I’m kerry Edwards and am a scuba diver of 11 years ( as of 2021), with over 1000 dives. I’m an underwater photographer of 8 years. I love to practice my photography and diving, read and talk about it and learn from others.  I’m excited to become a part of the generous wepixel community!

Hi everyone.

I joined wetpixel beacuse it helped me in different issue so I 'd like also to share my experiences.

Thanks again guys!

Daniele

One more member making a splash here! 

Thanks to a new girlfriend, i have begun taking my passion of old (photography) and combining it with a new love (freediving). She is deeply into the sport (currently PADI advanced) and got me to basic, and from the start i knew i had to get my camera down to these wonders we are diving.

I certainly don't have an over the top setup; currently running a:

Fuji X-T3

Fuji 10-24MM

Meikon X-T3 housing w/ 8" dome (as well as standard flat port)

I can see this becoming a very expensive hobby, but i am loving it all the same, thats for sure! Been starting my reading before signing up, and will probably have more questions to asks in the very near future. But i love learning, and a hobby such as this is so rewarding!

Hello,

I spend much time underwater in and around Sydney with camera in hand. Often looking for new techniques and advice from others.

1 hour ago, John Sear said:

Hello,

I spend much time underwater in and around Sydney with camera in hand. Often looking for new techniques and advice from others.

Hi John, welcome to wetpixel!

Hello. Peter from Poland, Poznań here.

Occasional diver and photographer. I'm with Wetpixel from few years but I don't remember my previous account.

I like to read news about underwater photography and hardware so I'm regular gest here. I bought long time ago one underwater case here. Nice to be here again.

Diving and going travel 1-2 times per year. Was in few nice places like Lembeh, Bangka, Comodo, Bali, Marsa Alam, Sail Rock.

Looking for more in future ;)

I started with old Nimar housing and Canon 550D. Later Recsea/Nauticam SONY NEX-5T.

Now trying some Seafrogs housings because their affordable price with Fuji and two strobes and two 4000 lumen video lights.

Cheers! Have a nice day.

Edited by PiotrPL

Hello,

I am a surfer and white water kayaker and I just took the dive (no pun intended)  into underwater film photography with the purchase of a nikonos V. I have been doing both analog and digital photography for a number of years now so I am excited for this new next step! I am here in the hopes of getting advice on shooting underwater as well as maintenance for my camera!

Best,

Hannah

Hi I am Angelina, I am an underwater photographer originally from New York but now based in Port Douglas, Australia.  I work on a day boat photographing tourists as they come out to the reef.  In my spare time I go out diving on my own to photograph the reef.  You can see my work here:

https://www.angelinapilarinos.com/

I joined WetPixel to grow my knowledge of underwater photography.  I am looking to expand my skills and get more into underwater videography!

Hello, I’m Itai. Thanks everyone for the advice and knowledge shared here. I dive mostly in Seattle, WA and just started to pick up topside and underwater photography, slowly putting together my underwater setup.

Edited by itairos

Hi all,

I'm Tzucheng from Taiwan. I have become a diver for only 2 years and would like to learn something new as underwater photography. Look forward to get some knowledge and new information here.