james

Member Introduction Topic

New at this and trying to learn how to navigate wetpixel. My name is Gary. I have been shooting underwater for about 6 years.

Hi, I dive since more than 20 years and I started underwater photography 10 years ago with a compact. I am located in Switzerland.I also enjoy taking pictures in fresh water. I am following Wetpixel since few years already.

Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I'm originally from Switzerland but living at the moment in Melbourne :dancing:That's pretty much where my dive adventure in 2006 at the GBR began.

It doesn't took long and I had my first UW camera because I was so keen to capture the new exciting world and make it visible to all my friends. My first camera was a Canon Ixus 400.. was good but doesn't really allowed me to capture footage in the expected quality. I life now since 3 years in Melbourne where I'm closer to the sea and this allows me to indulge my passion for diving.

This days I'm in the water with a Nauticam housing for a Sony A6000 and I'm flying as much as I can up to Cairns but I must admit that I'm also very impressed what special endemic species to find here at Port Phillip Bay.

What do I seek in this Forum? I would like to change knowledge, especially flash technics and how to determine the correct flash power.. I think this is at the moment my weak point which I would like to improve.

So yeah.. that's me and I'm looking forward to some nice threads :bye:

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Storm79

Hello from the Philippines!

Just ran across this forum today when I googled for a solution to a problem I was having with one of my lights (Thanks pmooney, you saved me a lot of time :) )

I've been doing underwater photography since 2007. Started with my Canon Powershot A630 in an Ikelite Housing to which I later added an Ikelite DS125 substrobe. After a year I upgraded to a Nikon D300 (also Ikelite housing) and added an Ikelite DS160. The first lens I bought was the Nikkor 60mm, followed by the Tokina 10-17mm, and finally by the Nikkor 105mm. The D300 and housing are at a friends shop on consignment now. Once it sells I plan to upgrade to the Nikon D500 :)

For a backup camera I have a Canon G16 in a Fantasea housing with an Inon-S2000 strobe. I'm using the Canon now while waiting for the Nikon to sell.

I've been retired since 2014 and traveling almost full-time since October 2015. I've spent the majority of my time in the Philippines since then although I do travel back to the US from time to time. I started writing a blog last year which can be found at https://billstewartsunderwateradventures.com I'm also on Instagram: @underwater.adventures and Twitter: @ScubaBill22

I've dived extensively in Florida, Japan, and the Philippines. A handful of dives in the Caribbean, and a couple of dozen each in California and Guam.

I dive on a fairly regular basis now (it's been on again off again in the past). I did around a 120 dives last year and over 50 this year. I'm expecting to fly out of Guam for Chuuk on Monday and am really looking forward to that :)

Hi all,

CJA, Australian born living in NYC. DM certified, worked in Malaysian Borneo. Owner of a 6D, in search of a new housing.

CJA

Hello! I'm Dylan from Lake Tahoe, California. I run the website tahoeclarity.com, and I try to shoot in the lake a few times every month. WetPixel has been an awesome resource for learning about underwater photography.

Hi All,
My name is Mark Strickland. I've actually been a Wetpixel member for several years, but was never very active. Recently, however, I realized that I'd forgotten my password, so am now starting over as a new member. Anyway, I look forward to getting back in touch with all the excellent topics covered here, and will try to be a bit more engaged when it comes to actually posting.

Aloha from the North Shore of Hawaii! Just cruising by to network and utilize the classified section of the site. My website is www.atortphotography.com for more info. Aloha

Hi all and greetings from Vanuatu.

Having found so many useful tips from other users over the last few years I figured it was time to join the community! I have been living in Vanuatu for 19 years and dive every week, camera in tow. I have recently upgraded from Sony RX100 II to Nikon D500 - both in Nauticam housings. The move from compact to DSLR has been great, albeit with a few challenges, especially with strobes -- a separate posting to come!

Look forward to being part of the wetpixel community

Cheers

John

PS administrators - Vanuatu is not listed as a country on your sign up page!

Hi all

Im Tim from London, mainly on here looking to sell some Nauticam kit i have but have found these forums good and useful in the past!

Hi - I live in the Marshall Islands. I have been diving for years but only recently took up UW Photography. I use a sony A6300 and Ikelite housing. I take mostly macro photos and find floating in shallow water looking for creatures very relaxing.

Hi there,

My name is Daniil Vnoutchkov and I am new to underwater photography. I currently live in London, UK but travel quite frequently and would love to get into underwater photography. Hoping to learn all about it on this community!

Hi there!

My name is Chris Darke, I live in Costa Rica, been taking photos for 20 years and diving for 6 years, and just moved up from a compact UW setup to DSLR, lots of new things to learn! Hope I can find lots of answers and even provide some here!

Cheers!

Hello World! I'm Rom. I'm a newbie 32 year old diver and underwater photographer from Bangkok Thailand. Currently I'm using 5D MarkII and looking for housing.

Hello I do not how to post and reply was my only option

Hi all,

My name is Bob. A dive professional and filmmaker for a couple of decades.

Changing "life gears" and going on a global sailing adventure. I hope!

So honestly, I am here to sell some gear, more later......

Hope you are all enjoying the fantastic underwater world.

Cheer

Bob

Hello! Just picked up a Sony RX100 with a Fantasea FRX100 IV. Hope to be posting more!

Hello,

I've been getting into 35mm film photography the last few months, and I'm doing some research on getting started shooting film underwater. I've been free diving and SCUBA diving for about 20 years.

I'm looking forward to reading some of the wealth of knowledge that has been shared here.

Eric Mollenthiel from Canada... went diving last year with TG4 and UFL-3 Strobes (after 25 years of diving without camera I realized I was missing out) ... going diving this year with RX100V with YS-D2 strobes ...so I have some UFL-3 strobes to sell (on eBay) ... cheers.

Hello all. I'm John Sommerer from Laurel, MD. At least for a little while -- soon moving to Tucson, AZ (direct flights to Cabo, so diving is still on the agenda!). However, moving cross country is quite the pushup, and my wife and I are thinning the herd before the truck shows up. Two nice UW setups for sale in the classifieds. One RecSea Canon S100, and one Nauticam Sony NEX-5.

Hi, I'm Ashley (male) from the UK.

I'm a big Canon shooter (5DIV, 6D, more Canon red rings than you can shake a stick at), and use my trusty GoPro for stuff away from dry land.

I'm looking to take my 'wet' kit up a notch or two, hence joining the forum!