Sign in to follow this  
Ks99

Samyang/Rokinon 8mm 2.8 fisheye + Fuji XT2 underwater ?

Hi,

I recently bought a Samyang/Rokinon 8mm 2.8 fisheye lens for my Fujifilm X-T2 and I'm wondering if anyone uses that combination underwater.
If you do, I'm curious to know what housing/dome/port combination you use them with.

Thanks for your answers.

Not the same, but broadly similar - I've used 7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 fisheye with my Sony A6300 on a few dives. SeaFrogs housing with 4" dome, zoom gear from another lens adapted to use with the focusing ring. With the field of view so wide, framing and lighting is quite challenging. Focusing is actually fairly easy, assisted by  focus peaking on the screen, but aperture has to be preset before you seal the housing.

eFphS5A.jpg

It should work in the same dome as fisheye lens of about the same length - Fuji don't have a native fisheye so you would need to cross reference a few port charts to make an informed guess. 

It comes down to having sufficient options to make housing the camera a reasonable proposition.  The lack of native lenses suitable for UW work limits Fuji's capability UW -even their macro lens only achieves 1/2 life size by itself.  My position has always been that just because you own a camera system that you currently use on land doesn't mean it is the best camera to take underwater.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements