baigera

WTB NAUTICAM or ISOTTA HOUSING for LX10.

Hi everyone,

Looking for a used Nauticam (or Isotta) UW housing for a Panasonic LX10. Anyone have one for sale?
Thanks,

Bai

Still looking for used Nauticam NA-LX10 housing.

Thanks,

Bai

I would advise against the Nauticam LX10. The port is too long and does not accommodate any of wet wide angle lenses without significant vignetting and extreme soft corners. You need to zoom to ~36mm and close the aperture all the way down, which really is really restrictive and a major issue for shooting stills. I'm unfortunately speaking from experience.

This is far less of an issue if you are planning 4k video as it this applies a significant crop and 16:9 aspect ratio also crops out the most offensive soft corners.

The Isotta LX10 housing has an optional short port that remedies the issues with wet wide lenses at the expense of reduced zoom-through range. This also limits the utility of swapping to a wet macro lens, if desired.

For not much more you could upgrade to an Olympus PEN, EM range or Panasonic GX80,  or stretch to a used GH5. I'm currently using the latter and I expect it will keep me happy for years before my abilities begin to outgrow the capacity of the camera or m43 format. I can also fit all my kit into a IATA carry-on rucksack. I love it and heartily recommend it. Happy to discuss more of you want additional info.

Posted (edited)

I have the Nauticam LX 10 housing and WWL-C wide Lens and it has very little vignette. At F11 there is no vignette at all.   I am moving up to the Nikon Z50 and will sell the LX 10 housing at the right price. PM me if interested.

Edited by Marc Furth

Sponsors

Advertisements