domromer

Couple of inon z-330 questions.

I've used my new strobes a few time with mixed results. I'm slowly getting the hang of them. I've been jumping between tttl and manual and just trying to use them a lot to understand the controls and what they do.

My questions today are about soaking the strobes in freshwater.  Today I gave the strobes a soak and I had the fiber optic cable detached from the housing and strobe and soaked it in fresh water. Is there any issues soaking the fiber optic cable? Should I be rinsing it?

I also soaked a strobe with the ball mount removed. Is it ok to have the mount screw hole exposed? I that the hole has an o-ring. I assumed that is more to keep your from bottoming out the screw into the strobe than to create a water tight seal?

Any other rinse tips would be appreciated. I dive a lot and want to keep these in good shape.

No problem soaking any part in freshwater, the more the better, including fibre optics.  Removing is a good idea so fresh water gets onto the sensor and the cable end.   I generally leave the ball attached - the o-ring is just for grip I believe. 

I always pop the buttons for the light and auto cancel up and work them a few times as well as rotating the dials while underwater.  I soak for about an hour - they go straight in the sink when I get home and soak while I'm dealing with my dive gear.

Sponsors

Advertisements