Sign in to follow this  
DSR_Diving

Nauticam SMC1 vs CMC1 or other +15 lenses

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone have experience on this lenses ... Nauticam announces that SMC1 is the best macro improved wet lense for optics like Olympus 60mm (which I have) and I would like to know user experiences or even sample photos if possible.

I've been using Oly 60mm macro with my old macro lenses from my compact camera (+5 and +15 SAGA) and it works well with +5 but with +15 does not do a lot of magnification compared to +5 and makes it really hard to use it and light it.

SMC1 seems having a similar +15 magnification but Nauticam speaks about an acceptable wide working distance ... someone here have this lens or have tried it?

Thanks!

Edited by DSR_Diving

I use CMC1 with Zuiko 60mm Makro and it works fine. At the time I bought it Nauticam was recommending the CMC1 for the Zuiko, the SMC1 only for lenses with larger sensors. Did not know they recommend now the SMC1...

Wolfgang

Posted (edited)

CMC-1 is the better lens for use with Olympus 60mm macro.  You might find some dated references recommending SMC-1, but that was simply due to that lens being created first, and having some benefit with the lens.  CMC-1 came later, and is a stronger magnification optimized for shorter macro lenses and smaller formats.

With CMC-1 mounted, the system can focus on subjects between 22mm and 70mm from the front of the lens, capturing an image between 8.5-19.5mm wide.

CMC-2 was also released as a less powerful, more user friendly option.  CMC-2 offers working a distance between 33-122mm, and captures an image area between 10-30mm wide.

Edited by Ryan

There is no point using the 60mm with weak diopters as the lens can focus already very close.
So either the cmc-1 or a +15 (in water not air)
There is no benefit shooting cmc-2 or a +10 +5 as the lens on its own is already working as a +9 diopter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements