jordango

For Sale: Nauticam NA-EM5 Housing, with M.Zuiko 12-50mm Port + Zoom Gear

I am selling a Nauticam NA-EM5 underwater housing. This is the Nauticam housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 micro 4/3 camera. The housing is in great shape and has not ever leaked on me. Included in the sale are the following:

Housing:

• Nauticam NA-EM5 Underwater Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera
    • does not have a vacuum system but does have a leak detection alarm
  • Nauticam NA-EM5 manual (hard copy)

Port & Zoom Gear

• Nauticam Port for M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens
    • This port will also work for the M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens
  • Nauticam Zoom gear for M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens
  •  Zoom gear assembly instructions manual (hard copy)

Asking price for this system is $375.00 USD + shipping if applicable, Payment by PayPal

Please Note:
I have verified the housing is working as it should and does not leak. That being said, it is the buyer’s responsibility to know how to properly set up and maintain the housing. I recommend that if you buy this equipment, the first thing you do is perform a leak test on the empty housing to assure yourself that everything works as expected. I will not accept responsibility for damage to a camera due to a flooded housing! There are too many variables associated with how a person may use the equipment that I have no control over.

I was only able to attach a couple of pictures to the listing.There are a few more pictures at this link:

Nauticam NA-EM5 pictures

20200412_Nauticam_NA-EM5-003.jpg

20200412_Nauticam_NA-EM5-004.jpg

I am quite interested in this actually, as I have an OMD M5 system with Oly housing that is working just fine. I like that I can use the 12-50mm with the zoom gear and get the macro control, which I can't with the OMD M5. I also have the Panasonic 8mm, so I'd need to buy the dome for that I guess. Any flexibility in pricing. I would have to invest in this equipment (service it - likely runs $300+ is my guess, I will call the shop today to find out). Would you accept $250? Also, can the housing be fitted with a vaccum check system? 

Hi,

I can't find any indication online that the housing had a vacuum system option (maybe pre-dates that being as common as it is now). I did find some links on aftermarket options that you can take a look at/research, however. The housing does have a leak detection alarm - it takes a CR2032 "coin" battery. I know vacuum systems are all the rage now and extra peace of mind but I've never had a leak problem at all with the housing. If condensation builds up a bit it can set off the alarm but that is more of an annoyance than a danger. When you go to humid places or from one temperature to another, leaving the housing cracked open to let the inside and outside temperature equalize before sealing it up prevents this situation (you probably know that). As for getting it serviced, you could take a look and see if you think it really needs that. I think a service replaces control button o-rings where they exist and, like I say, I've had no indication replacement is needed. I totally get that you may want to do that anyway. Keeping the main and port o-rings in good shape is about the extent of maintaining it and you do that on your own. I do have a spare port o-ring I'll be sending, as well, by the way.

I could drop the price to $325 if you are interested.

Here's some info on vacuum systems I found. I'm not super knowledgable on these but have been starting to look into these systems for the new housing set up I'll be building for my D500.

Backscatter Vacuum System listed on this page

(note: I think you'd need both the Air Lock vacuum system and the Air Lock Bulkhead thing)

Vivid Leak Sentinel v4

(there are several version of the Sentinel and I don't know enough about them to tell you the exact setup but a lot of folks seem to have these installed on their housings)

Various vacuum systems at Bluewater

This one is from Nauticam and is probably the most expensive option because the housing might need the electronics installed as well (unsure)

Nauticam Vacuum Check System

Thanks!

-Jordan

I'll take it for $325 thanks. Let's arrange for the transaction. Please email me bhushan.mudbhary@gmail.com

You can have the housing retrofitted with the proper electric bits to fit the M16 vacuum. Quite expensive as I recall and not worth the cost, though I had that done. That’s a great price for the kit. The 12-50 port and gear is over $900 new. 

Update: This item is pending sale right now...

The installation of a vacuum leak detector in this Nauticam NA-EM5 housing, as Humu797 says, looks possible, as I can see a bulkhead plug, maybe an M16, on the upper left front corner of the housing. With an M16 to an M14 adapter, one can install a Vivid Sentinel vacuum leak detector in a matter of minutes. 

Update: Sold! The housing is no longer available.

Sponsors

Advertisements