Sign in to follow this  
Marjo

Any word on Canon EF-S 10-22mm?

EF-S 10-22mm has apparently not hit the shelves yet. It was announced in August and wasn't it supposed to be out mid- september? Now we are at end of October... Anyone has word on when it might be released?

My local camera store says they should have them in 2 weeks, but they are asking $800 to pre-order, saying they will be in short supply and high demand.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I got a EOS20D couple days ago and I'm planing to buy the 10-22mm, but not before see some reviews about this lense. I didn't see anyone speaking about it.

Regards

Fabio

My local dealer (North Wales, UK) appears to have a couple of these new lenses sitting on a shelf if anyone is desperate!

pgk, you must have a very special dealer :D Maybe UK gets these before US...

I pre-ordered from Adorama ages ago, and it's still not out. $799 is the price listed at least with B&H, Adorama and Ritz Camera.

The lens is out already, and I sold a few from the camera store I work for, it is, I have to admit, another blow to my Nikonist ego, it's awesome to look in a viewfinder and see wide, ( I miss my 35mm finder ). off the cuff it appear to be well built as is usually is the case with this line of lens. Will have the zoom ring available in the next few days. Canadian price is 1019.99 $, quite a fair price for such a cool lens. Brother and sister, behold the days of the wide are back, praise the lord Neptune.

You can special order it through B&H now...7-14 days for delivery they said...

~Matt Segal

Hello Nitroliq yes but, not anything in the coming two or three weeks.

will keep you posted with picture when it happen.

Just checked my order and the lens has shipped. I am shaking with excitement! Wonder is it will fit into Ike's 5503 port or if a new port is in the works?

ok .. i was just about to buy this lense myself .. when i noticed it is only for the 20d and 300d .... the connectors apparently don't match up with any other models .. but they will match up with future models .. does that mean my lense i have now is defunct ... or i need a new body to buy new lenses ... this sounds off to me ... even if i had a d1 mk2 it wouldn't work ... this is sucky !!

have BH misinformed me ... is this the case ?

Giles

ok .. i was just about to buy this lense myself .. when i noticed it is only for the 20d and 300d .... the connectors apparently don't match up with any other models .. but they will match up with future models .. does that  mean my lense i have now is defunct ... or i need a new body to buy new lenses ... this sounds off to me ... even if i had a d1 mk2 it wouldn't work ... this is sucky !!

have BH misinformed me ... is this the case ?

Giles

This is an EF-S lens and will only fit the 20D and 300D and probably future models of DSLR with 1.6x cropped sensors. Although other EF-S have been made to fit to 10D by removing some molding behind the mount, I suspect this will not work for the 10-22mm. We'll see, somebody will try it.

Mine is here and it's beautiful!!! I'm in extacy! I need to come up with reason to go home from work and get this into the water like right now! Having a view from the office over the caribbean sea on a sunny day is just torture if you can't get out and down...

Imagening you doing so is even worse..... :-)

Just kidding! Have fun and show us some pics!!!!

PS: Which port will you use and does the normal zoom ring work?

Don't kow yet about which port. This is a question I must post for Ike. I tried the 5503, and that is not work at all, the lens is too long and too fat.

Also. to attach the lens to the camera, I ha to attach it from the front of the housing after fastening the body. The front of the lens would not fit thru the front opening of the housing where the port attaches.

I thing the normal zoomgear will be OK as long as yo are content with suing AF. If you want to do MF, then you would have to work out some other system.

I used it on land and it is amazingly wide and wonderful. However although it is rectilinear there is of course WA distortion. I imagibe this will not be a problem underwater. On land with people in the shots it is not so good, especially in horizontal orientation. Got away with a bit more using shooting vertical.

Marjo,

could you post some land picts from 10-20mm or send us the internet link to see this picts ? I'm very curious about the quality of this lense... Probably this will be my next buy.

Cheers

Fabio Amorim

------------------------------------

EOS30 + Ikelite Housing + SB105 strobes

EOS20D + waiting for housing

I will try to get some up on the web tonight ... provided that I make it home from work before tomorrow. I'll post the address as soon as it is up. In any case they will be somewhere on the website www.marjoaho.com

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements