WK's Gone Diving

Video, Sipadan September 2020

As one who has dived in Sipadan several times before and after the terrorist attack, this is an excellent video, inclusive, great spirit.  One minor point is a bit more light, particularly on the macro shots, would be welcome.   Thank you and Congratulations!

On 9/13/2020 at 11:57 PM, Kraken de Mabini said:

As one who has dived in Sipadan several times before and after the terrorist attack, this is an excellent video, inclusive, great spirit.  One minor point is a bit more light, particularly on the macro shots, would be welcome.   Thank you and Congratulations!

Thanks. I'll try to do betting on lighting.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:37 AM, Pistola55 said:

Really like the schooling fish.  Nice capture.

Thanks. Sipadan has resident schools of jacks, bumpheads and barracuda.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your video! Overall i really liked it!

Some points of feedback;

- The video starts with silence, which made me wonder if my speakers where working. I would suggest to start with some music or sound effects to immediately engage with your audience.

- Some tekst was visible at the botom of the screen in the beginning, but I could hardly read it. Later I found out it's your trademark logo? I would sugest to make it a little smaller and on the side of the screen, but that's personal offcourse.

- When the music starts it's beautiful, the images and the cuts fit the music perfectly!

- Though the contrast in your images is great, they are all kinda blue, I think with a little more colour grading a little bit more colour here and there could be applied. Maybe something to like at in future video's.

- I like how you went from big schools in the epic part of the music, to littler fish in the softer part of the music.

Overall great video! 

3 hours ago, Roberto101 said:

Hi! Thanks for sharing your video! Overall i really liked it!

Some points of feedback;

- The video starts with silence, which made me wonder if my speakers where working. I would suggest to start with some music or sound effects to immediately engage with your audience.

- Some tekst was visible at the botom of the screen in the beginning, but I could hardly read it. Later I found out it's your trademark logo? I would sugest to make it a little smaller and on the side of the screen, but that's personal offcourse.

- When the music starts it's beautiful, the images and the cuts fit the music perfectly!

- Though the contrast in your images is great, they are all kinda blue, I think with a little more colour grading a little bit more colour here and there could be applied. Maybe something to like at in future video's.

- I like how you went from big schools in the epic part of the music, to littler fish in the softer part of the music.

Overall great video! 

Firstly, many thanks for taking time to critique my video. It is much appreciated.

-  Silence at the start of the video. I have used sound effects at the start of my videos in one or two of my prior videos. It remains as a quirk of my videos.

- Copyright text. I could alter position, opacity, size, font, etc. Ultimately, a matter of taste and will never suite everyone so it is what it is.

- Colour grading. it is something that I struggle with continually, and would like to improve upon. On area that I'm struggling with in particular is matching the colour of the sea between different clips. As an example, there were 5 clips of the barracuda in the video and I had difficulty keeping the sea colour consistent. The 5 clips were recorded on 5 different dives - different time of day, different depth, different part of the reef, and different aspect. The video below shows the uncorrected video on the left, and the corrected video on the right.

http:// https://youtu.be/fpTVQ3IgQ6Y

I'd be grateful for pointers on how I could improve the colour grading in general, and match the colour of the sea in particular. Thanks

2 minutes ago, WK's Gone Diving said:

Firstly, many thanks for taking time to critique my video. It is much appreciated.

-  Silence at the start of the video. I have used sound effects at the start of my videos in one or two of my prior videos. It remains as a quirk of my videos.

- Copyright text. I could alter position, opacity, size, font, etc. Ultimately, a matter of taste and will never suite everyone so it is what it is.

- Colour grading. it is something that I struggle with continually, and would like to improve upon. On area that I'm struggling with in particular is matching the colour of the sea between different clips. As an example, there were 5 clips of the barracuda in the video and I had difficulty keeping the sea colour consistent. The 5 clips were recorded on 5 different dives - different time of day, different depth, different part of the reef, and different aspect. The video below shows the uncorrected video on the left, and the corrected video on the right.

http:// https://youtu.be/fpTVQ3IgQ6Y

I'd be grateful for pointers on how I could improve the colour grading in general, and match the colour of the sea in particular. Thanks

Yeah I understand, sound effects and colour grading are difficult aspects of video editing, but in the end definetely worth the time and effort imo. I don't know which editor you use, I edit in Adobe Premiere, where you can colour with help of the Lumetri scopes, which I find very usefull, especially for matching different coloured clips together. Colouring is a science on its on, but you can find some usefull tutorials on youtube on the subject. 

Greetz! :) 

19 hours ago, Roberto101 said:

Yeah I understand, sound effects and colour grading are difficult aspects of video editing, but in the end definetely worth the time and effort imo. I don't know which editor you use, I edit in Adobe Premiere, where you can colour with help of the Lumetri scopes, which I find very usefull, especially for matching different coloured clips together. Colouring is a science on its on, but you can find some usefull tutorials on youtube on the subject. 

Greetz! :) 

I'm using Final Cut which has many different colour controls. Let's just say that colour grading is an area of continual exploration for me.

Looks a bit purple otherwise the camera scene cutting is very good
Ar least someone is diving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/29/2020 at 2:26 PM, Interceptor121 said:

Looks a bit purple otherwise the camera scene cutting is very good
Ar least someone is diving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes, it is a bit purple. I must be less heavy handed on adding red.

3 hours ago, WK's Gone Diving said:

Thanks. Yes, it is a bit purple. I must be less heavy handed on adding red.

You do not add colours during grading? White balance adjustments are multiplications

Avoid channel mixers they lead to banding and ugly unnatural results

On 10/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, Interceptor121 said:

You do not add colours during grading? White balance adjustments are multiplications

Avoid channel mixers they lead to banding and ugly unnatural results

Thanks. I'll try to use channel mixers less. Guess I'll just have to start doing a proper white balance.

34 minutes ago, WK's Gone Diving said:

Thanks. I'll try to use channel mixers less. Guess I'll just have to start doing a proper white balance.

Yes use filters when possible and white balance in water this is not RAW video

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements