Laval

Video "The Pioneer of Diving in Raja Ampat, a Story of Max Ammer"

I am happy to share my latest video-interview with Max Ammer, the pioneer of diving in Raja Ampat, West Papua in Indonesia. About 30 years ago, Max came to  Raja Ampat in a search of World War II relics.  This is a story about how Max built the very first dive resort in Raja Ampat - Kri Eco Resort, and later - Sorido Bay Resort, about conservation efforts of Max and his partners, training local people and building the very first electrical boat in Raja Ampat. 

Video is shot with Sony NX80, and a few clips with Sony 7Rii.

ENJOY.

https://youtu.be/vcmAxOhLgEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing, I have wonderful memories of R4 and this brought many of them back.

Max has had such an interesting life 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 1:46 AM, Chris Kippax said:

Thanks for sharing, I have wonderful memories of R4 and this brought many of them back.

Max has had such an interesting life 

Thank you for watching.  Max is the legend.  I have a very deep respect for him.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:06 AM, Roberto101 said:

Great video and interesting story! Raja Ampat is definetely on our list! :)

Thanks for watching and your comments.  Raja Ampat is a fantastic place: the best of the best!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 4:47 AM, Laval said:

I am happy to share my latest video-interview with Max Ammer, the pioneer of diving in Raja Ampat, West Papua in Indonesia. About 30 years ago, Max came to  Raja Ampat in a search of World War II relics.  This is a story about how Max built the very first dive resort in Raja Ampat - Kri Eco Resort, and later - Sorido Bay Resort, about conservation efforts of Max and his partners, training local people and building the very first electrical boat in Raja Ampat. 

Video is shot with Sony NX80, and a few clips with Sony 7Rii.

ENJOY.

https://youtu.be/vcmAxOhLgEM

Totally loved watching this. Its one of my favourite destinations and took a group there diving. BUT want to go alone for a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing this and some amazing work being done there.

Diggy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, diggy said:

Totally loved watching this. Its one of my favourite destinations and took a group there diving. BUT want to go alone for a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing this and some amazing work being done there.

Diggy

Thank you for watching the video and your comments, Diggy. We've been to Sorido Bay Resort twice already and both times we stayed for 18 days.  It was just perfect.  We loved this Paradise, underwater and above.  I would stay longer, but not less than two weeks.

Val

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, Steve Woods said:

Such an interesting guy, great story! 

Thank you for watching the video and your comment.

Sponsors

Advertisements