Sign in to follow this  
jmark18

zoom gear Tokina 10-17 Sony A6500

I am wondering what people are using as a zoom gear for a Tokina 10-17 fisheye attached to a Sony A6500 with a metabones adapter. It will be used in an Aquatica housing. I had great success with this lens in my DSLR with APC sensor and would like to use it rather than the lenses available natively for the Sony

I'm working on a 3d printed seafrogs version for the 10-17 on a Sigma MC-11.  I've printed a few revisions so far but still am not completely happy with it, but it's allowing me to make a gear that will never be made otherwise. 

Any chance you could send me the stl to play with. The internal dimensions would be the same no matter what the exterior looks like.. The next step for me would be somehow duplicating the external to be like the dimensions of something like the zoom gear I have for my 16-55 lens and cut grooves internally to get it to hold onto the lens.I guess that means I have to learn how to use cad software fast.probably not something that is commercially viable ;)

Edited by jmark18

You could probably start here:  https://www.stlfinder.com/3dmodels/zoom-gear/?page=2

There's a file for an olympus lens in an Aquatica housing and also one for 10-17 in a different housing - join the two together with the right length and it might save you some work.  You would probably just take the internal dimensions for the 10-17 gear and the gear dimensions from the Olympus gear and join them together.

This post may also be helpful: 

talks a bit about "assembling" the gear from parts in the CAD program

18 hours ago, jmark18 said:

Any chance you could send me the stl to play with. The internal dimensions would be the same no matter what the exterior looks like.. The next step for me would be somehow duplicating the external to be like the dimensions of something like the zoom gear I have for my 16-55 lens and cut grooves internally to get it to hold onto the lens.I guess that means I have to learn how to use cad software fast.probably not something that is commercially viable ;)

You bet! Send me a message with your email and I'll send the .sldprt files and the .stls of my current revs. The biggest issue is avoiding the MC-11 lens release buttons, especially since the port throat for the seafrogs housing is very tight.

Edited by Lewis88

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements