adamhanlon

Wetpixel Live: A New Lighting Tool for Underwater Photographers

In this episode of Wetpixel Live, regular contributor @Alex_Mustard  chats to Wetpixel Editor @adamhanlon about the new Retra Reflector strobe accessory. This polished aluminum attachment decreases the beam spread, but intensifies the power of the strobe.

367795147_ScreenShot2020-10-14at13_00_44.png.b3f9c9c1cb738b79d65ae188180e62e3.png

We got a lot of questions about the beam angle of the Retra Flash Prime/PRO with the new Reflector. Because every manufacturer measures the beam angle in a different way we made a quick experiment. All flashguns are positioned at 50cm (20 inches) from a white wall and shot at normal exposure in the center of the beam. The yellow circle is marked at approximately 90º angle of coverage.

• Like 1

@adamhanlon

At the end, you talk about Mike writing something about this tool, i don't find it ?

Thank's !

Just taken delivery of my Retra reflector and really looking forward to trying it out later this week.

Do bear in mind though, you must have a Retra Reduction Ring to connect it to the strobe. God knows how but I missed this in the initial advertising. Doh.

Like Adam and Alex say, an exciting development. 

thank you, very intersting !

Sponsors

Advertisements